Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back Seat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
RacerX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RacerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back Seat
    Posted: August-08-2006 at 5:53pm
Has anyone ever had the pleasure of rebuilding the back seat(wooden) on a 1990 Sport Nautique? I was trying to locate a plastic seat from a 1991 or newer, but that has turned up nothing. I'm sure I can't be the only to have ever attempted this.
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 12:39pm
I have also searched the this entire summer for one, as my boat was docked last fall at a resort in MN. and someone needed it more than I did apparently! Because it was stolen along with the motor box. I'm working on the motor box but no luck with back seat. Good Luck If I find one in the mean time, I will draw it up send you the specs. Or vise versa.

Jeff
RacerX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RacerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 2:39pm
Well, I guess I'm fortunate that there is enough left of my seat that I can use as a template. It's just going to be really time consuming, because I'm finding that there is way more to this than I initially thought. If this project turns out ok, I'll post the specs, and you can build yourself one.
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 3:39pm
After you remove the old material from the seat and backrest could you please post pics. I'm going to pick up some polypro sheeting and cut and form a new backrest. However I have no idea what it looks like.

Thanks, Jeff
RacerX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RacerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 9:53pm
Well, I've kind of already torn it all down and separated all of the wood (the stuff that wasn't disinegrated, that is). My skins still have a few years left, so I'm going to reuse them for now. I've already cut new sides, and I'll probably cut the back of the seat this weekend, so I'd be glad to shoot you a pic of that, if you'd like. The backrest is one large, single piece that basically takes the same shape as the rear of the boat.
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 11:07am
I'm most interested in the backrest. How is the curve on the end formed? Is it just foam, or is there a radius cut that the foam follows? I'm confident I can make the bottom look original but I need good documentation on the backrest in order to make it slide in the fitted section just right. The pictures you send are going to help clarify. Thanks in advance.
Jeff
RacerX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RacerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 11:34am
What year is your boat?
There aren't any radius cuts in the seat frame. The foam is made to conform to the seat frame on one side and the skin on the other.
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:57pm
It's a 1992 also I added a pic of love seat if you have yours apart I would like pic of those as well. Thanks..Jeff
RacerX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RacerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 10:26pm
Mine's a 1990. The front seat is exactly like the driver's seat except that it is able to spin completely around. Your back seat may be different than mine.

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 2:43pm
very few models had the dual captains chair setup it was an option on the sport nautique in the early 90's with open bows. Most have the rear facing observers seat that is hinged for storage and not reversable.
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 6:16pm
Bummer It's not the same However I still would like to see yours to have some idea of what it looks like.
Jeff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic