Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission issue - 80’ SN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission issue - 80’ SN
    Posted: August-12-2006 at 8:54am
My stock 80 SN' seems to have a delay going into forward, whether it's hot or cold. Reverse is not a problem. Fluid levels are good and the fluid is clean. There is no slipping and the boat pulls strong, just a delay going into forward. The delay is about 3-5 seconds which can be irritating to skiers who are ready to go. Any suggestions folks??

Heath
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 9:10am
double check the shift cable adjustment and make sure that it is moving the lever on the tranny all of the way forward to engage forward gear.
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 11:35am
Chris,

Thanks for the tip. I thought it may have to do with a cable adjustment, but I'm shy to try doing it myself for fear of getting it way out of whack.
Heath
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 12:34pm
give this a shot first then, remove the cotter pin where the cable connects to the shift lever on the tranny soo that the lever is free to move independant of the cable and have someone manually shift it into forward all the way it goes with the engine running and see if the lage time is gone. If it is then the cable needs adjusted if there is no change then your going to have to live with it until it needs rebuilt or rebuild it over the winter.
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 9:12am
Thanks....sounds simple enough, I'll give it a try.   
Heath
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 10:09am
Charlie, chances are you have a borg warner, and it sounds like the lathe cut o-ring may be a little hard and not sealing in the forward cylinder causing oil to leak internally, you can call us toll free to discuss in more detail eric 877-369-6693 ffi transmission
"the things you own will start to own you"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic