NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 11:04am
'07 Reunion at John and Patty's house!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 11:10am
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

A central location for a lot of people might be Dale Hollow, Willow grove has nice beach area but there realy isn't a sand bar First island isn't to bad but the lake is pretty big.

A few years ago, my in-laws and my family rented a 62-foot houseboat on Dale Hollow for a week. Had a ball. House boats are popular there. Our 62 footer was small compared to the 72 "Big Foot" models some folks had rented. Great Lake, lots of coves. Was in the summer but after the southern kids had gone back to school so it was real quiet. The only thing missing was that I didn't haul a boat down to ski with. Otherwise, a great time.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 11:16am
You can't barefoot off a houseboat, Larry? I'm looking forward to my deep water start lesson!

That's good feedback.

Ken
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 11:27am
That was oct 18-20 that your down here Kevin? I should be back from IN by then I'm going up the first couple of weeks to see the boy's football game and for his b-day.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 11:38am
I have to agree with 79. Dale Hollow is a great lake. We rent a houseboat there every year the weekend after labor day & the lake is empty. We usually rent from Wolf River marina. I would be in on that location! Here are a couple of the water we had last year.

Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 11:43am
Great pics, skicat. That water is glass!

Ken
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 11:56am
tenn. ohio. in. are all nicer for us southerners to get to than wisc.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 1:55pm
Although there is more than ample time to plan any location, Like Alan has mentioned, the only reason Green Lake was started is because there are a ton of upper Midwest CC owners whom decided to put together a reunion (thanks again Stang). Most attendees were from Ill and IN. Green was chosen again because of many reasons. But is was not out of reach for the guys whom were originally thinking of going... At least that was the idea of the get together.

In helping plan this thing, we could tell you there is no ideal place to have a reunion where everybody is going to come, towing their rigs no less. For this same reason CC themselves only holds a few reunions a year in what they consider stategic spots. People either attend, or they don't.

As been suggested before, members of the board, or Keith himself may only want to attend certain get togethers, but strong groups of CC owners from geograhic areas should form their own reunions. This way, you maximize the turn out for that area. In GL we were missing 8 or so boats from Wisc alone, and it was in their backyards. You would certainly loose most of these guys by holding the same reunion down in KY or TN etc.... It's just to far for some families to travel for a weekend, and the point of these reunions, in my humble opinion, is to bring your CC's!!! The reunions will grow if held in the same basic areas each year as the word get's out. As successful Green was, moving it from the area just means different people will attend..

Just some food for thought as all your brains are being racked trying to find the ultimate spot... We certainly all want to get together and meet the great bunch of people from this board, but I do believe your response and turn outs will always be regional except for a few die hards....

OR,,,,,,,,,, Only have one reunion a year in Kansas City (home of the "teacher's Pet" band) !!!! That's almost right in the middle of the country....

Rock on Guys ....

Da Moj'
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 2:16pm
2 other things to consider.

1. You have to have someone local to the area to organize things and that is willing to jump in and get things done. Thanks Mojo

2. Midwest Correct Craft was our biggest supporter and we have to make sure we stay within their territory for them to be involved next year. I know they go as far south as Kentuckey but not sure if they go down to Tenn.

MWCC also got involved because of the location, they really know that there are a lot of folks in the upper Midwest that are just too far to attend one of their Official reunions so they would love to see this stay up north a bit. We were hoping to draw some folks from Minn over to Green, maybe next year. I think if we stay in the same general area MWCC will help us with anything we need, we have already talked about some pro talent ffr next year.

We got plenty of time to work on this but keep the suggestions coming, only 11 more months to go..
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 2:29pm
is the boat dr. the only CC owner that lives in the deep south? i am game for some type of reunion, but the east coast is a long haul from La.south Fa. ain't to far to hook up with fellow owners. we have to stop sking here in late Nov. or Dec. water stays warm till then.A central location for all to enjoy.Water is not supposed to get HARD,ice is for tea...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 2:35pm

That was oct 18-20 that your down here Kevin?

Yes, specifically have the 19-20 open to do whatever I want. Send me an email, mine's in my profile.
gary93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 3:00pm
Great guys, back to the start of the thread. When and where is the next reunion that is closest to southeast Virginia. Mojoman is correct in that most of us won't/can't make it to far on a weekend. Maybe have "state" reunions kinda like Harley Owners Group does. Virginia has several large lakes in the central region Lake Anna, Smith Mtn. Ofcourse it could be the Virginias or the Carolinas if one state does not have enough support. Hey I have never been to one so I don't know the way they work but I am willing to get something started....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 3:28pm
I know Keith has some ideas for New England in '07. We'll see as time closes in.

I'm still up for buying a plane ticket and going where ever you Mid West folks are planning it. Fly out on a Thursday night and fly back on Sunday night.

Gary, you should spearhead the reunion for your state/states. You'll have to research interested parties in your area. That's how Larry (75 Tique) did it for New England. He called out the fact that many of us live in the same state or realistic commuting distance. It rolled into a thread for a reunion, with Keith's blessing. We also had the support of New England Correct Craft. See what happens!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 4:02pm
dave and Al I wasn't trying to high jack the GL gig by any means I was really throwing it out there as additional get together where some of the regulars that are on here might be able to attend and maybe have a bigger turnout and you would not have to worry about the water and everyone could have plenty of time to ski anytime of the day.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 4:09pm

dave and Al I wasn't trying to high jack the GL gig by any means I was really throwing it out there as additional get together where some of the regulars that are on here might be able to attend and maybe have a bigger turnout and you would not have to worry about the water and everyone could have plenty of time to ski anytime of the day.

Hey, absolutely Chris,,,,,, Not a problem.. I think it's a great idea.. Merely throwing out some pointers on how and what to think about... I couldn't agree with you more about the ski conditions, especially when it's windy on Green.. We're just suggesting that if you want a repeat of GL, there are things to consider... I love the lakes in KY.. Skied them many time when I was younger.. Fantastic comes to mind in fact... Hey, the more options, the better, we just have to appreciate the participation of vendors and special guests etc, if you really want a "Blow out" reunion...

Moj
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 4:09pm
Hey, we're all thinking the right way, right 79? These reunions are exciting and I think everyone wants in. Logistically, it does need to make sense. If people from other parts of the US or outside the US want to attend, they'll make those arrangements. I'm still trying to get a hold of Aerosmith .

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 4:22pm
we're all on the same page, my first choice would be any lake that has a sandbar/ shallow area to socalize on the water and good skiing water. Organizers and sponcer's are a given to any event. I just think it was a great turnout and great fun and it's early enough to keep other options open.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

I'm still trying to get a hold of Aerosmith .

Ken

Ken if you do get in touch...tell 'em they would be the opening band for Teacherz Petz... how could they refuse?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 10:53pm
Brian: And riding the Harley on Christmas in shorts.

As far as to Where?........Dale Hollow or Norris Lake in Tennessee would be great. Both places offer all we would need.

Hollywood: Didn't mean to leave off you or the PLBC guys. I've been to your web site. So I know you guys know how to have fun. In fact I have you marked in on my calender for Oct. 20-22. Something about a wedding I think. 79 is down here now also, so we'll all meet up

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic