NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wakeboard vs Ski boat

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 9:16am
Walt,

Your are correct about the pole which is called a pylon, this boat has the extended pylon which gives you 2 points to pull from, an agressive slalom skier will want to ski from the lower point on the pylon, the higher point or top of the pylon could be used for any other pull as could the tower. If you pull from the tower you could also have your pa$$engers sit in the back seat. There should be a lifting ring in the back of the boat which you could pull a skier from however it is not the ideal place to pull from.
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 9:36am

Really looks like my 98. The last two numbers of the hull ID (located on the rear of the boat should clear up what year it is.) My 98 did really well overall, but we did have to weight it quite a bit for a bigger wakenboard wake. As Quinner put it though, the newer options and features sure make it more fun.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 9:44am
It's a 98 Air Nautique. Clues: FCT #1, playpen bow, Keyed ignition. BKH
Livin' the Dream

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 10:40am

Also looks alot like my 99' which had the same tower. I had the TSC hull on mine which made it a fair slalom or barefoot boat.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 8:40pm
Yep, but if I remember correctly, the 99 had a true walk through bow, and was the first with the touch pads?? Correct??? BKH
Livin' the Dream

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 9:57pm
Brian,

You are correct and incorrect. The 99' did have a true walk thru however no touch pads, still had the push buttons. 2000 was the first year with touch pads and they also changed the hull graphics although you could still get the same graphics as the 99', like M3's SN has.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 11:25pm
That pic looked like a true walk thru to me. I guess I don't have the trained eye
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 11:32pm
No, I just blew up the photo larger, and it does appear to be a true walk through. I'm changing my vote to 99. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic