Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1962 170 Interceptor Parts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
cmattoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmattoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1962 170 Interceptor Parts
    Posted: August-22-2006 at 11:37am
Looking for Interceptor 170 marine parts for our 1962 Compact Skier. Manifold,transmission,whole engine...anything for spares so my kids ski season doesn't get interrupted.
Thanks.
BWB
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 12:08am
Chris,
When you say "170",is that the HP,or CI? Is it flywheel forward inline 6?

I have an Interceptor inline 6 in my 64 American Skier, that I think is 170 CI..

Do you have "broken" parts, or just like me and want some "spare stuff" on the shelf?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
cmattoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmattoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 12:27am
It is 170ci, 100 hp, straight six Ford. I don't have any broken parts yet, but it is only a matter of time! Three kids learning how to water ski puts some stress on an engine.
If I could find a spare engine, I would send it out to rebuild so I woudn't have any downtime.
BWB
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 12:39am
I was talking with a guy the other day that said an early 70s to 80s 250 CI il6 will pretty much just bolt in.. Thats one of the beauties of the f.wheel forward!

If I was going to the time and expense of a rebuild... Id at least look at that option? You can get around 1/3 more cubes that way.

Another option is a 200 ci ...Im supposed to go look at one of them over the weekend.. A guy was replacing it with a 302 in his Maverick. I probably would only use it in a pinch, but hard to beat for the money.He wants 35 or 40 bucks for it....

Do you have a pic of your 62?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic