NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Take your best shot....

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 7:20pm
Saw that. Nice strong 454 engine. Looks like it's in great shape. If money isn't a concern, that's a great cla$$ic to grab. Very clean looking from what I can see.

Ken
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 7:27pm
He didn't steal 79's shirt, he still has it.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 7:29pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 7:31pm
----> Anyway, moving right along...
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 8:02pm
Chris
You look very chic (sheek). May I suggest,matching sungla$$es
Scott
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 9:30am
Dont you hate pulling out early?

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 9:33am
We're pulling out tomorrow...sad sad day.
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 10:57am
This may be a stupid question, but why do you pull out your docks? Is it just in the north because your lake freezes? It also seems the pics I see from the northern areas that a lot of the docks sit on the bottom where around here (Atlanta) they use floating docks. Is that a regional thing, depends on how much the lake levels change, or just personal preference?
Greg

86 BFN
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 11:32am
Docks come out up here because when the ice that would form around them breaks up at the end of the season it has no problem destroying them or taking them away I have seen people wait too long to pull the boat and hoist out and end up with an upside down hoist and boat about a hundred yards out (it was a nice welded aluminum fishing boat, I offered to float it back up for him but he woudlnt even talk about it).

Floating docks are often used where the water level changes signficantly or even daily with the tides, or where its too deep or mucky to use poles

I have two out of three docks still in the water.. the only thing worse than pulling them out too early is leaving them in too long and having to do it as the snow falls (2 feet last night down the road from me in buffalo)
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 1:39pm
Docks also come out so you don't have to worry about a person on a sled taking himself out.
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 1:42pm
Joe's right, unless your dock is made of solid concrete or something, it would get absolutely demolished by the ice. I personally dont like floating docks...I get a bit woozy when the waves roll in.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2006 at 5:13pm
But yet you can ride in a boat.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 8:25am
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

This may be a stupid question, but why do you pull out your docks? Is it just in the north because your lake freezes? It also seems the pics I see from the northern areas that a lot of the docks sit on the bottom where around here (Atlanta) they use floating docks. Is that a regional thing, depends on how much the lake levels change, or just personal preference?

Here are a couple examples of why we have to take docks out in winter. Ice can be a pretty formidable force. Many docks are lost if you don't take proper precautions. These are at and near my sisters house in upstate NY. The first one is a mountain of crushed ice that was pushed up onto shore.

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 9:35am
Ok, Atlanta is looking pretty good. It is supposed to be around 80 here today. No ice on the docks here!
Greg

86 BFN
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 3:11pm
Amazing pictures. Did that house in the background on the second picture survive?
I havent seen the ice break that violently on my lake. However, its easily enough to rip the dock out in a snap.

tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 3:25pm
SkiCat, I agree with you, the only ice we have on our docks is in a gla$$ surrounded by "brown water". Guess that's what keeps us from freezing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
  Share Topic