Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Edelbrock secondary flooding

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wiscofoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiscofoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Edelbrock secondary flooding
    Posted: August-22-2018 at 2:10pm
Hi guys. Sorry for the desperation post....in rural Wyoming for a family wedding and trying to help my brother get his boat running. It’s a 302 with an Edelbrock 1409 (performer series) and the secondary side is pouring fuel out of the top at idle and under throttle. I haven’t worked on one of these before and I am assuming it’s either too much fuel pressure or the float set too high or junk between needle and seat.   Not able to get to an auto parts store but I have a regulator being overnighted, will be here tomorrow. Any other advice besides checking these things? Only have an hour or two tomorrow to work on it and if I can’t fix it it will probably cost him close to a thousand bucks to get it worked on in time.   

Cole
1976 Martinique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2018 at 2:15pm
Bowls are on the side, IIRC... Eddy’s dont like being installed at an angle.
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2018 at 2:41pm
Remove the screws around the top and lift up and you will see the needle that has a piece of something on it causing the flooding. If you r careful you will not tear the gasket.
woodyelc
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2018 at 2:57pm
Pouring from both sides or just one?
wiscofoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiscofoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2018 at 4:07pm
Pouring in both of the rear barrels. Front barrels appear to be atomizing fuel normally. I will pull the top and take a look.   My brother had the carb serviced and then hit a large bump on the road. He then noticed that the fast idle cam was missing. He got a new cam but this marine carb doesn’t have the fast idle adjustment screw. Any chance something wrong with the choke/fast idle linkage could be causing this?
1976 Martinique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2018 at 4:33pm
Not positive about Edlebrocks but marine carbs don’t have or need a fast idle cam, you pull the knob on the control and manually increase the engines speed.
Dumping fuel is the least of his problems if he was driving it down the road and hit a bump
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2018 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Not positive about Edlebrocks but marine carbs don’t have or need a fast idle cam, you pull the knob on the control and manually increase the engines speed.
Dumping fuel is the least of his problems if he was driving it down the road and hit a bump

Agree no need for the cam Why the Edlebrock? It's a 302 but what boat is it in?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
wiscofoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiscofoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2018 at 12:29pm
Sorry, it is an early seventies MC Stars and Stripes. I am back in the Midwest so it’s his problem now. Thanks guys. It’s for sale and in nice shape if anyone is interested pm me. I think he said around $6k
1976 Martinique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic