FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

One Man Show ...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One Man Show ...
    Posted: August-25-2006 at 11:55am
This morning some of you experienced the reality that CorrectCraftFan.com really is a one man show.

Unfortunately, I failed to notice the domain expiration emails (that look far too much like spam) over the past two weeks and the CorrectCraftFan.com domain expired earlier today. I only noticed when I went to visit the site at about 10:00 am this morning. Immediately I called and renewed the domain for the next 10 years but at that point the damage was done and the domain was down until the DNS fully propagates throughout the internet (could be as long as 24-hrs for some people).

The good news is that the site is now working for most people and soon will be for all others. I apologize for the inconvenience.

P.S. This domain issue also affected my email. I may not receive emails sent to me between yesterday and today, especially if you received a bounce back message. If your message to me bounced, please resent. My email is now working again.

Thank you,
-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 12:03pm
they where complaing over at PN I haven't had a problem all morning didn't even notice an issue been posted all moring just like normal.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 1:20pm
They weren't complaining. They were longing for the comeraderie, wit, and wisdom that is CCFan.com BKH
Livin' the Dream

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 2:06pm
That's right Brian, we couldn't wait to get back over here so we could talk too and hear from 79' and ditch that BobChris character!
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 2:27pm
Yea....I think '79...errrr...I mean 'bobchris' broke the record for most 'F' bombs dropped in a single post on PN the other day.
Life is Good.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 4:01pm
Yup went back and edited that bad boy to make sure they knew exactly what I thunk.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 4:27pm
Man I thought I was in the bizarro world. I fired up the computer this morning and got some weird message saying the domain was expired. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" I screamed and everyone in the office came running to see what was wrong... Needless to say, none of them were surprised when I explained it...Boy was I glad when the site came up a couple hours later.

When I moved to Texas some friends got me started wade fishing. It's pretty fun. But the guys who taught me were purists and never, EVER threw live bait. It's the only way I've ever fished down here. I've never thrown shrimp or cut shad or anything else. It's the same way with this web site. I've never visited the other one mentioned above and never will. Maybe I'm missing out on something good (like bobchris letting it fly), but I'm happy right here without a bobchris and just a errr...79, BKH, jbear, Ken, and all you other guys. Thanks Keith, for what you do.

BTW Keith, what do you do? Do you have a "real job?" or is this one enough to keep you going or what. Whatever the case, we sure are glad for your efforts here.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 4:31pm
CCF Friends,

Since Keith is still working his tail off to keep this awesome site going, making upgrades, allowing reunions to happen, etc., I think it's donation time. Obviously, I don't know who donates what and when, but I know I'm due. I know the great pictures we've been posting probably goobles up space, memory or whatever. Let's continue to help Keith bring CCF to the next level. Certainly if you sell something or have sold something, let's add to the the CCF fund. My donation is coming your way, my friend.

We appreciate all your efforts, Keith!!! Keep up the great work.

Ken
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 4:35pm
Hey Ken, nice change to your signature. I like the photo...
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 4:40pm
Thanks, Dude. I miss those shorts!!! If I could only warp back to the 80's.....

Ken
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2006 at 1:03am
There was panic accross the country this morning. 62Wood called me from Up-North to ask me what I knew. Of course I tried to get on and had the same reaction that The Dude did. Thanks Keith for renewing for TEN years. No-one here wants to go to PN. Different here. And we like it that way!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2006 at 1:05am
Thanks Ken, and everyone for your kinds words and support of the site.

The Dude, I do have a 'real job', a wife and two young children (3 and 1). I usually work on the site late at night after everyone is in bed - like now (12:56 am). That is, when I'm not working on the boat.

Thanks,
-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2006 at 2:04am
Keith, Go to bed! It's too late to be up!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2006 at 6:38am
Kinda glad my girl choose to by a MAC I didn''t even know the site was down now I was off the computer about an hour between 9-10 so maybe I just hit it at the right times.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic