Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dilemma.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 3:37pm
Cool, Joe. Thanx for the pics. So I guess a new cover would keep my boat cleaner because it's new and expensive?
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 5:27pm
Speaking of covers, does anyone have any pix of how they modified a stock cover after a wakeboard tower installation? I've got an idea on how its done, but would love to see the actual thing. Thanks
great78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 7:31pm
here is one way
great78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 7:54pm
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 8:32pm
Ah....nice. Basically, cut and hem a slit around the legs, sew the velco to make a tight fit, and rig the draw string with a clip or "S-ring" for easy-on easy-off. Looks like this was done professionally (?). Thanks
great78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 9:00pm
Yeah I had a local guy do it after pricing new ones. I dont know how it compares with others but the price was right and it works great. Looks like he added the flaps after cutting the slits so that the two pieces of velcro overlap 100% and lay flat. The drawstring thing is kind of cool he basically un-hemed the cover edge lenghtwise, and velcro-ed that too to make a pocket that will wrap around the string between the two pole cut outs. Just peel this open, unhook the S hook and the drawstring drops out of the way. Good luck on yours!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 9:16pm
That's exactly how the factory cover on my 210 works.Same cutouts and overlapping velcro around tower.Same velcro overlap to cover rope and clips.
   92-
There is a guy in Shapleigh that could probably modify your cover for you.I had him make 2 covers for me last year and they were both well done and reasonably priced.He is a very "interesting" dude to say the least,but has probably covered half the boats on our area lakes.I have the number if you want it.

Mike
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 10:04pm
That's a nice job 78...I like it!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic