Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Obsessed Much?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stepper459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obsessed Much?
    Posted: August-30-2018 at 3:35pm
My boat is this month on the CCFan calendar. Thanks, by the way!

The background of my computer is a picture of our favorite spot on the lake.
Four of the five pictures next to the calendar are from the lake.
To the right is a blown-up old postcard of a moonlight scene on the lake (artist's rendering).
To the left is a handy chart of 2018 moon phases (so I can better plan night outings on the lake - great present from my wife).
Under the boat lamp is a shift knob from my old boat and a piece of its hull from where I drilled out a new through-hull fitting, along with the factory shift knob from the Nautique.
Out of frame, but also in my office: a collage of pictures from the lake taken from the exact same spot but in different seasons, sunrise/sunset, moonrise, even on snow. Then a chart of the lake on the opposite wall.

I swear, there are also pictures of my family. And I do get work done here.

rolleronariver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolleronariver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2018 at 5:09pm
No need to fill bad. In my office I have one wall full of motorcycles from back in my racing days and one wall full of nautique and lake stuff. I probably have close to 15 pictures of the lake in frames. The other wall is my hunting wall. I even have a few mounts on it.
92 Sport nautique
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2018 at 6:18pm
I like the artist’s rendering of the chair lift ride.
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2018 at 8:02pm
You are in good company.....we understand!
Great calendar shot by the way   
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2018 at 11:19am
I am similarly guilty regarding office decor

Stock boating art

My calendar shot is many years old, so relegated to garage wall

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2018 at 11:33am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

I like the artist’s rendering of the chair lift ride.

Haha well, close. You must be referring to the kid art. It's a drawing of the family, with each person identified with a giant line and then a letter - "M" is for "Mom" in this case.

Man, I love kid art.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2018 at 11:36am
Man, my wall isn't nearly as organized as some. I just moved to this office in January, but still.

Glad to see I'm not alone haha. You better believe I'm keeping the calendar, somewhere. I think the one in the garage at the lake is from 1986, maybe I could update it.

When I worked at a marina I was more justified in covering my wall with lake stuff. I actually left behind a cool poster of all the parts of a wooden runabout identified, like an exploded diagram. Should have kept that one! That, and a 4-blade prop that someone turned into a 3-blade with a submerged rock. I'd get a lot more questions about that on my wall where I am now. Mostly people just said, "Oooh that looks like it was expensive"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic