NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

worn valve stem

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2019 at 11:02am
Some sustained WOT to report..

from 40 to 45 moves quick, and lands on 46 solidly, it seemed like it could creep to 47 if i held it longer or found the perfect water but i doubt any more. Felt like it was it was more limited by the hull and the OJ 4-force, as parasitics likely climbed exponentially.
It was churning throwing quite the froth out the back. but the wider spread of propwash nets me a great wake where i operate most.

Right where i wanted to be i think. No carb spacer at the moment, but one will go on this season, Clay indicates if i relief grind the fiberglass hood less than the the diameter of a tennis ball, i can fit in the spacer ". The wood trim on surface would make the engine cover mod inconsequential.
Suspect an open spacer could boost wot but i have the 4-hole and studs in-hand.

I don't have the tach solved, but it sounded like 4900-5000 if i were to make best guess. that will be curious
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2019 at 11:20am
Men I have some visuals to share with you finally

Sorry the tach is not solved yet. I have a borrowed one to try out soon

Here is a WOT launch view out the stern
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA8mbxFTi0o

The OJ 4Force is churning a froth, lots of wasted energy there over 40mph, but it does flatten the propwash energy over a wide swath at ski speeds,
gets the 2001 style tri-peak when the boat is more level and slower.

Full Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGNXkgBcHTaGHlViysRo2JA/videos
there is some skiing of myself and guest

and a clip of taking the boat 24,26,28,30,32,34,36 mph
The wake is still twisted up, the starboard chine runs too deep with just me in the boat

In the skiing videos, the boat is better balanced but not great, but the wake responds to the flatness.

I'm going to try to get the engine over more within the bounds of the log and strut, and hopefully minimize need for counterweight.

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic