Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Raw water cooling flow diagram

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mogens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Raw water cooling flow diagram
    Posted: November-29-2018 at 2:59am
Hi
I have a 71-72 ish correct craft conqueror crusader 302 with 220HK
On the exhaust manifold there is a gasket just before the end piece where the exhaust hose is mounted. there is a stainless center in this gasket, this plate closes for water flow is it correct?
Is there a good overview of water flow in a drawing or manual. ?

My engine is with raw water cooling.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2018 at 8:14am
Originally posted by Mogens Mogens wrote:

Hi
I have a 71-72 ish correct craft conqueror crusader 302 with 220HK
On the exhaust manifold there is a gasket just before the end piece where the exhaust hose is mounted. there is a stainless center in this gasket, this plate closes for water flow is it correct?
Is there a good overview of water flow in a drawing or manual. ?

My engine is with raw water cooling.

Hi Mogens

Page 32 of the manual in the link has a block diagram of the cooling water flow for raw water cooling on a Conqueror Crusader Ford from that time period

It's not exactly the simplest cooling system out there

link

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2018 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Mogens Mogens wrote:

Mogens,
Could you post some pictures of the exhaust manifolds, the elbow (where the hose connects) and the gasket between the two. They would give us a better idea of what you have exactly. There is a possibility they have been changed/retro fitted at some point.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2018 at 12:06pm
I agree, post a pic of the manifolds and that gasket. Several of us have conqueror crusaders and are familiar with the cooling system.
Mogens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 2:21am
Hi
Here is a photo of the 302 still in the hull.
Its out now and in loose parts.
Mogens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 2:38am
I have 2 solid gaskets

Its either from the from or rear.
I did not see this before separating the part, if its in the front or back I cant tell.
Or it's a wrong gasket .
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 8:58am
I’m familiar with the manifolds and the cooling... I want to see these gaskets you’re talking about.
Mogens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 7:18pm
Hi
Here is the 2 gaskets

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2018 at 8:05pm
I do not recall splitting mine, but I would block the bottom. The 3-hole gasket should go on the front plate and the 1-hole should go between the manifold and riser.

Is that crusader blue? Pm me if you want decals.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic