Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Off Season

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stepper459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Off Season
    Posted: December-20-2018 at 4:56pm
The lake right now is pretty fantastic. We haven't had much more than a dusting of snow for over 3 weeks, but the cold temps have made some beautiful ice. Time to go skating!

I'd guess it's over 6" thick right where the pics were taken, but I'm going to check it with a drill just for curiosity. I've got an 18" drill bit marked off in 1" sections for this exact purpose.

In fact, I managed to convince my wife to go skating tonight, because the moon is nearly full and it should be amazing out there.

[many safety precautions are always taken when it comes to ice on the lake]
stepper459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2018 at 4:59pm
The path is plowed with an ATV and loops around the little lake, probably ~5 miles total. I don't know if we'll do the whole thing, you can always take a shortcut.

Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2018 at 7:59pm
We had about 7" on our lake 2 weeks ago, but has not been making much more lately. In fact we have been near 40 for a few days and with sunshine, all the snow has melted on top of the ice. Still about 1-2 acres of open water where there are around a thousand Trumpeter Swans spending the night and keeping the water open.
84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
zwoobah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwoobah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2018 at 11:47pm
Looks beautiful! Really nice that you have a maintained skating path.

Our lake gets partially drained for the winter, and our cove is mostly down to dry ground. The center of the lake has 3-4" of ice, but the rivers and current areas aren't frozen yet so it'll be a bit before I'm out riding - but I did get the winter toys tuned up:

1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic