NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cylinder Heads

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cylinder Heads
    Posted: January-16-2019 at 7:35pm
I need a pair of Ford Y-Block 292 CID cylinder heads. They are low-compression heads. This engine was used by Correct Craft in the mid-'50s to the mid-'60s. They don't have to be boat engine heads; automotives are identical. The casting number that I would prefer is 471 / 5750. It is cast in on the bottom side of the intake port bosses.
"Art"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2019 at 8:40pm
Art,
Have you shopped for the heads anywhere else?

I know the engine took a turn for the worse but what did you find was the actual problem?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2019 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Art,
Have you shopped for the heads anywhere else?

I know the engine took a turn for the worse but what did you find was the actual problem?

CR9H+VH Orlando, Florida

Pete, thanks for the leads. I had not looked anywhere else; tried CL but I don't know how to use it. Googled but nothing worthwhile came up.

Yes, found the main cause(s) of the problem. #2 exhaust valve is about 1/3 gone.. It doesn't appear that it broke off, because no marks on top of the piston or on the walls. Obviously it burned. Could be that someone had spark wires crossed up at some time. There is also a hole the size of half a quarter coin in the end cap of the exhaust manifold on the same side. Fortunately, it looks weldable (with a patch over the whole area) Problem is that my welder/machinist is having a knee replaced so will be out for a while. I need to get someone to help me respond to those CL ads. What I want is the low-compression truck heads.
"Art"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2019 at 9:15pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Donald78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2019 at 7:32pm
Hello I have a set of 351 heads off of a 86 351 w 2001 ski nautiquie thanks Don
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic