Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skidim fuel pump and line

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wiscofoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiscofoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skidim fuel pump and line
    Posted: March-17-2019 at 3:58pm
Purchased new fuel pump and line to carb from skidim. PCM 351 to Holley 4160. Having a tough time figuring out which end is which on the preformed line. Should this be an easy fit or is some additional bending/massaging needed to get it to fit? If someone has a picture of their set up using this fuel line that would be very helpful.
1976 Martinique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2019 at 5:21pm
Cole,
Too bad Skidim won't allow their pictures to be copied so I'll do my best to describe. The steel line is basically "L" shaped. The long leg of the "L" goes to the pump and then the short goes to the carb. On the pump, you typically need a 90 degree fitting pointing upwards. Yes, some massaging of the bends are needed. I used one of the lines and since my carb was on a wedge adaptor, I needed to increase the bend there. Careful that you don't kink the tubing. A good tubing bender is handy.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
wiscofoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiscofoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2019 at 5:51pm
Okay Pete., I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying. I took the 90 off my old pump. Just to double check, the top port is the pump outlet and the bottom is the fuel line from the tank right?
1976 Martinique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2019 at 6:07pm
It would be an easy fit if you didn't have to snake it through a tight space with the alternator, alternator wiring and spark plug wires cluttering things up.

Here's a picture, the end at the fuel pump is on the right with the red tape and the tag.

The first section is about 3 inches to the first curve followed by the long roughly 7 1/2 inch section.

The section at the carburetor end is about 2 1/2 inches to the first curve

And here's a picture from somewhere on CCF showing the hookup to a Carter pump. The outlet from the pump is the upper fitting but SkiDim sells the line to go with the Carter pump that they sell {and you bought} so it shouldn't need any more than maybe a minor tweak if you're still using the original carb spacer, The engine is a lot newer but the fuel line and pump are the same.

It's a really really funny mangled L shape    
wiscofoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wiscofoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2019 at 8:03pm
Thanks guys. My issue was that I was trying to route it outside the alternator like the original line. Should be good to go.
1976 Martinique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2019 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by wiscofoot wiscofoot wrote:

Thanks guys. My issue was that I was trying to route it outside the alternator like the original line. Should be good to go.

Knowing what the original 76 line and it's routing looked like, I think you meant to say "like the non original line that somebody had put on it"

Now you have a fuel pump with the "ruptured diaphragm sight tube fitting" on it and probably nowhere to hook the tygon tubing from that fitting to the carburetor or the flame arrestor since things changed over the years.

There are solutions though if that's the case   

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic