NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Electric lift

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DPUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electric lift
    Posted: April-03-2019 at 3:14pm
Hi, dose any body know what weight of winch I would need to put on a Shoremaster 4000
lift, I am wanting to change from manual to 12v electric but not sur of the force needed to pull it up considering the cantilever action,
Although it is not a dead weight lift, would it need any more than say a 4000lb winch?
cheers
Dave
Barefoot Gramp's
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2019 at 4:32pm
Dave,
Does the existing manual have any rating that would give you an idea? If not, you could plug in some figures into this calculator. If you do use the calculator, keep in mind the number of falls between any blocks or the winch. IE: one fall will cut the load in half.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2019 at 4:54pm
I found this link to Shore master and the motorized ones they sell. there is an online link there also.
I have used a Lift Mate type on the manual crank handle of my 4000 lb lift for 15 years. Never had a problem with it unless it is raining. then you have to put a little extra pressure on the wheel to get it to come up. Mine is 110V but they are available in 12v.

https://www.shoremaster.com/lifts/boat-lift-motors/
84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
DPUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2019 at 5:00pm
Unfortunately no rating on the manual winch, and the calculator seems to be for a load bearing cantilever beam, there are two snatch block on the main lift so I think the 4500lb winch should be ok, still got some local people to ask, just thought there may be someone
over there that's already done it.
Many thanks for your interest.
Dave
Barefoot Gramp's
DPUK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2019 at 5:08pm
Mpost, I intend to completely replace the manual lift and replace it with the type yo find on the front of an off roader, run off the boat battery, which will be trickle charged with a solar unit.
Cheers
Dave
Barefoot Gramp's
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2019 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by DPUK DPUK wrote:

Unfortunately no rating on the manual winch, and the calculator seems to be for a load bearing cantilever beam, there are two snatch block on the main lift so I think the 4500lb winch should be ok,
Dave

Yes, the calculator is for a cantilever beam and that's exactly what you are lifting!!! You use the single point calculation and not the evenly distributed load.

Ok, there are two blocks on the main lift but how many falls?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2019 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Mpost Mpost wrote:

I found this link to Shore master and the motorized ones they sell. there is an online link there also.
I have used a Lift Mate type on the manual crank handle of my 4000 lb lift for 15 years. Never had a problem with it unless it is raining. then you have to put a little extra pressure on the wheel to get it to come up. Mine is 110V but they are available in 12v.

https://www.shoremaster.com/lifts/boat-lift-motors/

Direct link

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic