NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bent Strut?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
FLCaptain View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLCaptain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bent Strut?
    Posted: May-01-2019 at 2:16am

Does this strut look bent? So hard to tell. Prop woundn't turn without 2 hands. I pulled the strut and the shaft spins like butter. Figured it was the cutlass or the shaft but this thing looks pushed over a bit. Looking straight down on it, it looks ok but I cant tell. it has a stamp on it that I can't find an exact match for.

1979 Ski Nautique. Any ideas?[

IMG]uploads/18830/file2-2.jpeg[/IMG]
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2019 at 8:05am
It looks to me that it's slightly bent. I've sent a bent strut to site sponsor Delta Props and they straightened it out for me. I also said I needed a cutless bearing for it and while they had it, they dropped it in for me at no charge since they had it to straighten it. They'll treat you right.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
FLCaptain View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLCaptain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2019 at 10:17am
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic