Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transmission service

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
94SNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 94SNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transmission service
    Posted: May-07-2019 at 1:10pm
I just purchased a 1994 SN196 and would like to do a complete service before I dip her in the lake.
How hard is it to drain the Transmission?
I have the oil drain kit for the engine so that does not look that difficult. But it is hard to see the tranny. I also have read in the "Whine" thread that the PCM tranny original called for motor oil but now they use Dexron? Is that correct?

Thanks,

Tony
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2019 at 1:18pm
If you have a fluid extractor, the tranny drain/re-fill is quite easy. Assuming that the tranny is full, you should remove 2 quarts from a PCM 1.23:1 unit. Just be sure that you don't drop the fluid drain tube down into the guts of the tranny while draining! Some people here use a small copper tube of a length sufficient to keep it from falling inside. If you don't have a fluid extractor....then go buy one!

LINK to Fluid Extractor

Many folks on this site will recommend using Dextron III ATF fluid. I use the fully synthetic ATF fluid by Royal Purple. Some may say that the fully synthetic ATF is "too slick" but I have not seen any evidence of the "too slick" issue. Your mileage may vary...

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2019 at 4:46pm
If you don't want to break the bank this little dude works great for a lot of things.

Topsider
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic