Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ford 302 rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Texas Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ford 302 rebuild
    Posted: May-13-2019 at 1:34am
Greetings, fairly new to the site. I have '73 Mustang with engine pulled and in the process of rebuild. I'm not a mechanic but am consulting various marine mechanic friends. Thought i'd try here to see if there is a step-by-step process for re-assembling by 302. I have a new long block that i'm trying to reassemble using some old and some new parts. Internet searches seem to be all about tear downs, etc. I have the heads and timing chain on, but am looking for a step-by-step process (in order) of what goes on next (i.e., oil pump, oil pan, water pump, etc.). Any help will be appreciated.

I am having the floor re-glassed and need to have some exterior glass work done too, hope to have those outsourced in the next month while I put the engine back together.

thanks!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2019 at 8:17am
Brian

If you spend the money on one of the books in the link, it's money well spent

If you buy both the George Reid book and the Tom Monroe book it's still money well spent

They both have assembly sections and with some reading you should be able to finish putting things together.

Not marine specific, but it's probably as close to step by step as you'll find

There are also manuals in the reference section here on CCF but nothing that gets you through the process step by step

link
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic