Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Filler Cap

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nobrainsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobrainsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Filler Cap
    Posted: June-24-2019 at 12:38pm
My oil filler cap broke. I have a 1994 Ski Nautique with a 351 Ford. I can't seem to find this part from SkiDim or Nautique Parts. Lots of different oil filler caps available from automotive parts stores, but they are referenced through year, make and models of cars. I would appreciate it if someone could give me some guidance about which cars would have this part and fit my PCM 5.8L HO Ford engine.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2019 at 11:06am
I would give PCM a call in South Carolina. (803) 345-1337

Perhaps Vince at skidim.com may also know. (803) 345-0996

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2019 at 1:58pm
PCM used a few different caps over the years.

Does yours look like the one in the link below

If it does, I guess you'll know where to find one. That one fits the valve cover with the raised fill pipe and a breather hose between the pipe and the flame arrestor.

If that's not it, take or find a picture and post it here.

link
nobrainsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobrainsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2019 at 4:54pm
Thank you for the suggestions and the link to the part on skidim. I couldn't find that even using the search function. Doh!

I did a little more research and found the part on Amazon. Was pretty sure I had the right oil filler cap. I have Prime so it was free shipping and I could return ii if necessary. The price was right! $11.59 It definitely fits.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000O0HOT6/ref=dp_cerb_2

Interestingly, or not, on my engine there is just a vent hose leading from the port valve cover to the spark arrestor. On the starboard side the oil filler tube has a port that vents through a hose to the carburetor mounting base. There is an inline PCV valve.

Big thanks as always to the CCF forum and it's members. I run my boat weekly year round and the forum is a huge help. Just bought my trailer guide pole covers from the CCF store. Trying to support my favorite forum :)
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2019 at 10:25pm
Good shopping job

Fits a lot of Fords, somebody could use a 94 f-250 with a 5.8 as a reference at a local auto parts store based on the part number you linked to.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic