Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No spark or ign when turn on key

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skirunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skirunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No spark or ign when turn on key
    Posted: June-29-2019 at 5:50pm
I have got a lot of great help here during this rebuild. On to my last issue hopefully. I bumped motor to get dead center left key on. Changed alternator was lazy and did not disconnect battery until it sparked. Finished task reconnected battery no juice when I turn key. Jumped selenoid motor turns over as it should. With key on I have no spark. Battery is good. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thx
79 nautique 93 nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2019 at 6:09pm
That spark was probably you shorting the alternator wire to ground and opening the 50 amp breaker on the back of the engine.

See the diagram below

It might be hidden under a cover but the red reset button should be sticking through a hole in the cover, depress the red button and then try starting the engine.

There's also the 20 amp ignition breaker on the dash that you could reset but the 50 is probably the culprit.

skirunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skirunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2019 at 6:13pm
Thxs Keno, I hit the 50 amp in back, it clicked but no juice, the 25 under dash I looked at but did not see any reset on it.. Thx
79 nautique 93 nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2019 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by skirunt skirunt wrote:

Thxs Keno, I hit the 50 amp in back, it clicked but no juice, the 25 under dash I looked at but did not see any reset on it.. Thx

Did you give it time to cool off before resetting?

Also sometimes when they're old they open once and never close again.

If you have a multimeter check for battery voltage on both the in and out connections on the breaker.

Do the same voltage check at the 20 amp breaker too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic