Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Who doesn't love a good GT40 idling issue?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who doesn't love a good GT40 idling issue?
    Posted: July-09-2019 at 2:51am
Problem:
Starts fine, idles high(1200-1500) for a 15 seconds or so and eventually comes down to 800-900 rpms. After idle down it searches for a steady idle(rolls). This happens when it is cold, it happens when it starts to warm up and happens when warm. It does however after a few minutes it lowers in idle and then idles between 680 and 950.
Also, any time you go above idle it again takes time for it to idle down and then rolls.
While I know that a rolling idle is not an uncommon thing, it is so persistent that it makes it very difficult to drive because with all the starting and stopping you are constantly dealing with a 1100 rpm.

Attempts:
I have replaced almost everything at some point for other issues and trying to sort out the idling issues. I'll list all parts replaced even though I know some of them are not related.
Cleaned throttle body and checked for any hold up with valve and throttle arm
checked for vacuum leaks with starter fluid
Removed tank and cleared and cleaned all valves and hoses(besides supply line and return line)
Replaced:
Low pressure fuel pump
FCC fuel filter
Injectors
fuel line between LPFP and FCC
High pressure fuel pump
Fuel pressure regulator
Idle air control valve
Spark plugs
SP wires
TPS
MAP sensor
vacuum line from map sensor to throttle body
ACT sensor
ECT sensor
PCV valve
and finally the ECM(might still be the issue, bought used on Ebay)

I have read through almost all the threads on the GT40 but I cannot figure out what is wrong and what to try next.
B
2005 Ski Nautique
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2019 at 6:47am
How is your distributor cap and rotor? Pip sensor? Connector corrosion in multi pin connector to ECM?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2019 at 8:02am
If you go to the link below, Joe seems to have solved his idling issue with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. You mention that yours has been replaced but was it with an adjustable one?

Compared to the cost of that laundry list of parts that you've replaced, it's a drop in the bucket cost wise (and it sure is pretty looking)

It may or may not solve your issues, but you won't know till you try

link

man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 1:55pm
I got the sexy looking regulator and installed it. Besides it looking better, it is still having the same issues. One thing that is interesting is that when I increase the pressure the lopping increases in speed. I ran the pressure from anywhere between 30 and 50 and it never went away. Any other thoughts?
2005 Ski Nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

It may or may not solve your issues, but you won't know till you try

Well at least you tried
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 3:38pm
When you removed and cleaned the throttle body, did you replace the gaskets as well? If so, do you mind providing the source you ordered the gaskets from?

Thank you!
1999 Longhorn Nautique
1995 Nautique Super Sport
https://www.instagram.com/longhorn_nautique/
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by DHMcFadin DHMcFadin wrote:

When you removed and cleaned the throttle body, did you replace the gaskets as well? If so, do you mind providing the source you ordered the gaskets from?

Thank you!

I did not replace the gaskets because they seemed in good condition. However, you can find them at skidim.
Intake Gasket
2005 Ski Nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2019 at 3:55pm
Look at the links below with a PCM part number and a FelPro number 70262 that fits with a little trimming

link

link
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic