Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil change question and fuel in oil

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Crmaverick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crmaverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil change question and fuel in oil
    Posted: July-13-2019 at 1:40am
I’m looking to change my oil in my 454 on the 84. Flooded the engine when working on the throttle control and reinstalling and now my oil smells a bit gassy and smoking a bit. I can’t find a drain plug or the right sized pump to go through the dip stick, what’s everyone using on their changes, is there a drain plug im somehow missing? Also did I likely hurt anything by getting fuel in the oil? Must have gotten half a quart or so in there, only ran about 15 minutes on the hose and noticed the smoking (very little).
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2019 at 6:36am
Chris,
Check your fuel pump. A mechanical with a ruptured diaphragm can dump fuel into the crankcase via the hole for the eccentric arm.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
outerbanked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outerbanked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2019 at 7:45am
I have not worked on a 454.
Feel around the oil pan. In the 351w, there is a 90 degree block fitting that a hose similar to rubber air compressor hose is attached to this drain fitting and looped up forward and clipped onto the captive eye used to lift the engine. On the clipped end will be a screw valve. Take that end and feed it thru the center bilge drain for the boat. A 5 gallon bucket will fit under the boat and you can drain into that
or any other waste oil containment system you prefer.
Here is link to a site selling said part for ref.
https://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1054
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2019 at 8:57am
Since you have the same post in 2 different places, I'll add the answer I put in the other one here also

Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Originally posted by Crmaverick Crmaverick wrote:

I’m looking to change my oil in my 454 on the 84. Flooded the engine when working on the throttle control and reinstalling and now my oil smells a bit gassy and smoking a bit. I can’t find a drain plug or the right sized pump to go through the dip stick, what’s everyone using on their changes, is there a drain plug im somehow missing? Also did I likely hurt anything by getting fuel in the oil? Must have gotten half a quart or so in there, only ran about 15 minutes on the hose and noticed the smoking (very little).

It seems like gottaski sent you contact info for a previous owner based on this quote below from your other thread, so why not ask the previous owner how he changed the oil

Originally posted by GottaSki GottaSki wrote:

Ok, confirmed we are speaking of the same boat, no doubts.

PM sent to Chis with contact info to owner prior to the its stint in CT,
I wasn't aware my friend is also responsible for its current scheme as well, I must have missed those seasons.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic