NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine starting issue only on the 1st try

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
George R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine starting issue only on the 1st try
    Posted: July-16-2019 at 6:15pm
I been having an issue with my 1997 ski Nautique Gt40. Engines runs fine, but the issue is when I go to start it I get a click when I turn the ignition and on the 2nd try it starts. I have changed the starter, starter relay, batteries, starter rely and cleaned all connection. The funny thing it’s only on my 1st try and for there on all is okay.
I’m at my wits end does anyone have any suggestions?

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 9:39pm
I just chased a similar starter issue on my 1995 GT40 engine.
When I pulled the starter I found the back starter bolt was loose, not even touching the starter. After the repair which included removing the starter and cleaning all connections and using a little dielectric grease on them going back in the problem is gone.
This was only 2 weeks back. I never expected to find loose bolts on the factory installed starter.
George R. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George R. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 9:51pm
That’s for the insight. I’ll check it out!
Thanks again!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic