NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

LP- Low Pressure pump troubles

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LP- Low Pressure pump troubles
    Posted: July-16-2019 at 6:32pm
Recently found this Indmar service bulletin dated September '03 for the Carter pump,so the fix has been around quite the time.     Wonder if PCM ever issued anything on this? Anyway pretty easy fix,all it would take is one vane to stick and lower your output- 2 and you might be dead in the water.....

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 7:27pm
Mr. Gary, Do you know if the Excalibur pump would be the same or similar??
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 7:53pm
I don't know Chris,I have never even seen an Excalibur. After I saw what was in your toolbox I was afraid to look anyway
I'll bet it is the same though,do you still have the old one?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2019 at 9:02pm
The Carter Low Pressure pumps are very distinct in shape, the picture shows it. If yours looks like this it is a Carter pump.
A couple companies also sell this Carter pump including Airtex but the shape is always a Carter pump and Carter manufactured. 3 bolt mount on the top is standard.
These pumps were also standard on nearly every Motor home built that ran a gas engine.
They are very popular and so far easy to find when needed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic