NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hard Fall, Hard Water

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hard Fall, Hard Water
    Posted: August-02-2019 at 6:22pm
At the end of my 3rd set this morning, I fell hard coming into my onside turn. I went out-the-front with a lot of speed. I was bringing up my arms to cover my head in case the now riderless ski was on a seek-and-destroy mission. I hit the water hard, leading with my right shoulder. As I was getting back into the SNOB, I noticed that my shoulder was sore. By mid morning, it was REALLY sore. Turns out I have a Grade I separation of the A/C joint.

I would never have believed that water could cause a shoulder separation. I'm out for a couple of weeks.   

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2019 at 11:58pm
Ouch, hope it heals quickly.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2019 at 7:40am
Oh rat farts

I wish you quick recovery
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2019 at 6:53pm
JQ JQ JQ ...   Weren't you out with a knee issue earlier in the year?       
Maybe you should take up something a little slower and safer ... like wake surfing.    

HAHAHAH ....   Just kidding   
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2019 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by gt40KS gt40KS wrote:

JQ JQ JQ ...   Weren't you out with a knee issue earlier in the year?       
Maybe you should take up something a little slower and safer ... like wake surfing.    

HAHAHAH ....   Just kidding   

Yup.    Knee surgery not long ago. Now this. Getting old sux.

To make it worse, I took 3 of my kids skiing and boarding today. I didn't bother to take my ski as I couldn't have skied. We were the only boat on the lake and water was mirror. It was killing me. Well the kids had fun....

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2019 at 10:46pm
Yup, that sux. Last time that happened to me was several years back. Late in the year and it was windy and cold at home, but we had decided to head to a lake in Oklahoma that we visit often since it was supposed to be a bit warmer with a lot more sun - still cold, but with more sun....   Why, oh why do I ever listen to the weathermen -- turned out to be sunny, MUCH warmer and almost zero wind! And me without my ski ora shorty
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2019 at 1:46am
Back in the saddle again...

I skied yesterday and the shoulder felt fine. I can't do push-ups without pain, but slalom skiing is not impacted. I suspect that in another week, it'll be forgotten.

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2019 at 4:07am
Do push ups, the shoulder will slowly, very slowly get better.
If you can only do 5 on the first try that is OK and due to injury.
Keep at it and pretty soon you will have a real shoulder to work with.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2019 at 1:24pm
Thanks McD. I'm back in the saddle again...close to 100%

I'm headed to Lake Powell for a week of end-of-season skiing. I just want to come back uninjured...

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic