NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot boom?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot boom?
    Posted: August-03-2019 at 9:49pm
I've decided to buy a barefoot boom and am wondering what your recommendations are?
I've never used one or had one on any of my boats so I'm really very clueless. Brands, styles and where might be a good place to purchase one. Thanks in advance
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2019 at 12:51am
I would just look for a used on on here or craigslist and grab it.

I have used one but never owned one. I can say they are good for training people but not anything like a barefoot run on long line.
My wife got up first try on a boom but never successfully barefoot on a long line.
Fun for training but they offer much more support than you will ever have in real barefooting.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2019 at 1:37am
I have a Barefoot International boom. It's been a good boom for me. I've taught many people how to ski/board on it. Link below.

LINK to Boom

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2019 at 11:28am
Thanks guys - and yes, it's mainly for training. Don't know why I assumed it would be easier to teach someone how to ski if I had an actual tournament boat, but vacation proved that theory wrong. Then I just happened on a video the other day with some kids just playing around on their boom and it made sense. I've never owned or used one - never saw the need until now.   
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
91NaughtyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91NaughtyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2019 at 11:27am
I have had my Barefoot international for 20+ years and it works great. Also, you get to an age where you realize there is not much good going to happen 100 ft back on a long line when you eat it footing..... .   
1991 Ski Nautique
(Previous)1984 Ski Nautique 2001
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2019 at 1:41pm
Dido on the Barefoot International!

You can go with the straight boom or spend a bit more for the tower... If you call BI, you will probably get Mike if you have any questions!

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2019 at 3:47pm
Just as an Add on, I have worked with Mike at BI before and I have to say I have NEVER had better customer service. They went way out of the way to help me out They offer great parts and great service. A class act for sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic