Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - problem extracting transmission fluid in 2013SN200
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

problem extracting transmission fluid in 2013SN200

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KCP-Cols View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCP-Cols Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: problem extracting transmission fluid in 2013SN200
    Posted: August-28-2019 at 10:06pm
I am having a great deal of difficulty extracting transmission fluid (to change it) in my 2013 SN200. Capacity is said to be 2 qts. Last year I was able to extract about 1 qt. This year I could only get about 20 ounces despite persistent probing with several different hoses (varying rigidity) and pumps. What is the trick?? It's driving me nuts!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2019 at 10:30pm
Are you using the plastic hose that came with the pump? If you are and it's driving you nut's now just wait until that hose gets stuck in there and the trans has to come apart
Use a ridged piece of either copper or steel brake line and connect that to the end of the plastic and put that in there.What you get out you get out but that steel line will help since it won't curve around inside the trans.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KCP-Cols View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCP-Cols Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2019 at 10:47pm
Thanks, Gary. I will try that. Do you know if it is common to extract only 20 ounces of supposed 2 qt capacity? Is this sufficient to "change the transmission fluid"?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2019 at 11:47pm
And just to state the obvious...............make sure that metal line is long enough that it can't fall into the transmission if it comes off the hose
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2019 at 11:54pm
And take a look at the thread in the link, especially the part about sticking the tube in the little hole to get all the way to the bottom

link
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2019 at 12:04am
Originally posted by KCP-Cols KCP-Cols wrote:

Do you know if it is common to extract only 20 ounces of supposed 2 qt capacity? Is this sufficient to "change the transmission fluid"?

It's been awhile since I've done mine so I cannot remember. While not alot don't forget the cooler and lines might not drain completely either. Get what you can, it will be better than nothing.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
zwoobah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zwoobah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2019 at 12:20am
Was it measuring full on the dipstick before you extracted the 20oz?
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered
KCP-Cols View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCP-Cols Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2019 at 12:54am
Yeah, full prior to trying to change it. Also full after putting 20 0z back in.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic