NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1950 cc

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1950 cc
    Posted: September-03-2019 at 1:15pm
was looking at the boat in the for sale section, I know its a plywood hull but somebody glassed the bottom. how big of a project is it to re ply these boats ?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2019 at 1:17pm
and what do you guys think its worth?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2019 at 6:41pm
Jeff,
I wouldn't go past $500. New ply isn't that complicated but it's just takes time like any wood boat project. Considering it was glassed, I'd say all the seams of the ply were opening up due to dried out bedding compound. I was able to literally unscrew the hull ply off the frames of my Atom due to the dried out compound. I don't know how original your thoughts are but understand the paint scheme isn't original. Someone tried to make it look like a Chris Craft Racing Runabout. The listing does state engine work was done so that's good. With the Hercules/Chris model B, parts are very available just in case.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2019 at 4:52pm
thaks pete! ill give him the offer im kinda interested in a woody project.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2019 at 11:51pm
Hey Pete the guy accepted my offer for $500 I would like to talk to you personally if you have time 269-506-1249 is my number before I purchase this thank you sir
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2019 at 11:13am
Jeff,
What's a good time to call you? I'm off to put on the orange apron and will be home around 6:00.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2019 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Jeff,
What's a good time to call you? I'm off to put on the orange apron and will be home around 6:00.

Jeff,
I just tried and no answer. I'll try again later. I put on the orange apron again tomorrow and open the store so it's up at 3:30 am for me tomorrow.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2019 at 10:52pm
Do you have pics.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2019 at 2:08am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I put on the orange apron again tomorrow and open the store so it's up at 3:30 am for me tomorrow.

Well, I get up at seven, yeah
And I go to work at nine
I got no time for livin'
Yes, I'm workin' all the time
It seems to me
I could live my life
A lot better than I think I am
I guess that's why they call me
They call me the workin' man
They call me the workin' man
I guess that's what I am

Working Man
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2019 at 6:31pm
Well got the old girl home, really simple old boat. All hardware included, gonna need re skinned motor was rebuilt so I get to try my hand at woodworking now instead of fiberglass I will keep you guys posted and try to post pics as we move along and Pete I definitely will be in touch with you a lot
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2019 at 6:56pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic