NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 No Start

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2019 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I’d go and get PCM’s kit anyway, it’s a heavier hose and clamps to match. Used to be a dollar didn’t see how they could do it for that, it’s now 12

I was thinking of how a collapsing fuel line could cause this problem but that’s not the line I was thinking of. Wow. Imagine how much fuel goes through that little sucker!
BlueDub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2019 at 11:04pm
I was planning on asking your opinions on fuel hose to replace that. I have bought fuel hose before for random stuff from ACE, they have a good selection of hose. But when I bought marine grade for the fuel line on the 83 I went to a boat supplier and it was not cheap, but that stuff is way beefy compared to that little hose. It looks to me like ordinary automotive fuel hose.
BlueDub View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2019 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by Gary  it’s a heavier hose[/QUOTE Gary it’s a heavier hose[/QUOTE wrote:

You know

You know how stiff those are when they are new, and I did not twist it hard to fold it like that, it must have wound up in a knot in there when the can was being screwed on. That just shows how soft that thing had gotten from sitting in the gas. Also demonstates how they are prone to failure like you guys said.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2019 at 11:29pm
When I bought my SS, I had a dealer replace the HPP and hose before I brought it home. I had to replace the LPP about a month into ownership. The hose is much heavier than the one yo showed us all. That thing looks horrible.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2019 at 11:37pm
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=27375&title=pcm-gt40-58l-efi-abrubtly-barely-runs
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2019 at 11:54pm
https://www.nautiqueparts.com/product/internal-fuel-hose-for-fcc/

If you look at the picture it’s way harder to twist than whatever you showed us all twisted up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic