NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

79 Windshield

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 79 Windshield
    Posted: September-10-2019 at 11:47pm
Thought I would ask on new thread not getting much response on old ..
PO i think glued the bottom of the windshield in place but I seem to remember that being able to open, Any pics of bottom inside so I can see what should go there.
Thanks
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2019 at 8:39am
Maybe some pictures of what you have would help the experts determine if it's the right one or not.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2019 at 9:09am
John,
This is from a previous post of yours. Looks like a PO put something black in the lower vent windows? They should be glass that tilt out.

Originally posted by jterr jterr wrote:

Here you go----
]

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2019 at 9:20am
John,
From a previous post of mine when Susan was looking for pictures of the vent hardware, this may give you an idea of what should be on your 79:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Susan,
I hope these help. Not the greatest pictures but they do show the concept.

The L bracket below the quadrant is fastened to the window frame and tapped 10-32 for the studded knob. The quadrant to fastened to the glass with 10-32 flat heads, finishing washers and rubber washers on both side of the glass.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2019 at 9:35am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

John,
From a previous post of mine when Susan was looking for pictures of the vent hardware, this may give you an idea of what should be on your 79:
The L bracket below the quadrant is fastened to the window frame and tapped 10-32 for the studded knob. The quadrant to fastened to the glass with 10-32 flat heads, finishing washers and rubber washers on both side of the glass.
[/QUOTE]

Perfect just what I need. Any idea how the glass is attached at top. I Think I can make those brackets.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic