Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trans cooler lines question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ubugarrity1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubugarrity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trans cooler lines question
    Posted: October-02-2019 at 9:08pm
I'm deep into a restoration and I'm ready to put trans back in. I noticed the rubber cooling hose near one fitting was cracked through. So I took the hose off for inspection and it appears that the rubber hose is just pushed onto a barb on the fitting. No clamp, just pushed on. Is that normal? Can I just cut the bad end off and push it back on? I can't find anything on this type of hose. Can anyone tell me what this is so I can read up on it? Thanks
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2019 at 9:37pm
John,
Yes, the hose and fittings are Parker series 82 push on.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2019 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by ubugarrity1 ubugarrity1 wrote:

I can't find anything on this type of hose. Can anyone tell me what this is so I can read up on it?

You must not be looking in the proper places! Parker 82

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2019 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

John,
Yes, the hose and fittings are Parker series 82 push on.

Yeah Baby. Parker Push-Lock. Best thing for low P hydraulics ever. The best part (except the awesome build in place, reusable features) is that the fittings are brass instead of steel and in my neighborhood, that's crucial. BTW many NAPA stores will have it on the shelf.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2019 at 9:11am
Originally posted by ubugarrity1 ubugarrity1 wrote:

I'm deep into a restoration and I'm ready to put trans back in. I noticed the rubber cooling hose near one fitting was cracked through. So I took the hose off for inspection and it appears that the rubber hose is just pushed onto a barb on the fitting. No clamp, just pushed on. Is that normal? Can I just cut the bad end off and push it back on? I can't find anything on this type of hose. Can anyone tell me what this is so I can read up on it? Thanks

There are a variety of companies that make these push lock type fittings and the correct hose to work properly with the fitting., not just Parker

You'll find pretty specific instructions on how far on the hose has to be pushed no matter what company they may be from.

You can reuse the old hose if you have enough length left after the end was cut off and it's in good condition

ubugarrity1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubugarrity1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2019 at 9:56am
Thanks guys! I was searching for hayden but could only find fittings and no instruction saying they were just push on. Every dollar I can save in my restoration is a big help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic