Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Convert 351 GT40 to serpentine?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convert 351 GT40 to serpentine?
    Posted: October-28-2019 at 2:35am
Hey CCF, anyone convert their 351 to a serpentine belt system? Preparing to have my oem block rebuilt and this upgrade is on my wish list.
1999 Longhorn Nautique
1995 Nautique Super Sport
https://www.instagram.com/longhorn_nautique/
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2019 at 4:28pm
Not a Ford but I did my 5.7 GM. It was pretty easy with junkyard parts and a generic tensioner. Once done my NAPA guy gave me a fistfull of belts to try that measured close. It is the single best upgrade of the numerous I did. It has literally been maintenance free. Its gone 300 hours plus and seven years without touching it once.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2019 at 4:32pm
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2019 at 4:35pm
Thanks for your reply. I am also having trouble figuring out what raw water pump to use or what pulley would work on my stock raw water pump. Discount in order sells some different variations but I’m not sure how I would mount it to the ford block.
1999 Longhorn Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2019 at 9:58pm
It (was) a Franken motor actually scabbed out of spare parts so I just went with the Volvo front mount pump. It works great. I hope one of these guys can set you correctly. That block is long gone but it still looks like this only nice and neatly painted.
I have to ask though, are you having belt issues or this more of a "it would great if:" thing?
DHMcFadin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHMcFadin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-28-2019 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by baitkiller baitkiller wrote:

It (was) a Franken motor actually scabbed out of spare parts so I just went with the Volvo front mount pump. It works great. I hope one of these guys can set you correctly. That block is long gone but it still looks like this only nice and neatly painted.
I have to ask though, are you having belt issues or this more of a "it would great if:" thing?

I am actually having an alternator belt issue. I’ve tried very hard to get the alt pulley aligned but I still get squeaks on start up. After this summer, it’s already time to replace the alt belt which was installed in June while the water pump belt is perfect. I’ve tried different spacers, angles, etc.

That’s part of the reason I want to go to serpentine. The other reason is I just like the simplicity and durability of it.

All in all, when Prestige rebuilds this engine into a 427, it’s going to be making a lot more power. I don’t want the old style belts to be the weak link.
1999 Longhorn Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic