NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Replacement Carburetor for 85 and 87 SN

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2019 at 4:03pm
Only 5,200 now, What was the reason for the detune Tim. That boat sounded like a beast in the old video posted.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2019 at 4:13pm
Keno, "Your memory is pretty good there McD. about being able to withstand the 2 1/2 minute open flame exposure"

I wish, I had to Google it, memory thought it was a 15 minute burn through but it is only 2 and 1/2 minute burn through. But I last worked there in 1990.
Mark
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2019 at 8:52pm
Jonny, Jonny I'm so proud and excited.

I made a marine PMGR starter for a normal rotation Ford today from an automotive PMGR Ford starter

It was so easy a caveman could do it

If somebody wants to do it though, they'll have to figure it out on their own by taking a marine and an automotive one apart and see what the difference is.

I think it meets USCG regs as good as any "marine" version that's sold by a variety of companies for a huge variety of prices

And not all starters sold as "marine" are the same either.

A person might be surprised at the "differences"

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2019 at 9:07pm
I’d like to see those details Ken.

Backup engine Mark. Down about 400rpm and 5-6mph from the other engine but still good for 56 unloaded. Skis us faster than we’re capable of (for now) and still sounds pretty good.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2019 at 10:35pm
Just cuz you asked Tim

Here are a few pictures of an ARCO 70200 which I seem to have a liking for.

The little red plastic piece fills in an air gap between the motor section and the nosepiece.

That's the only difference as far as "ignition protection" that I see

Stuff like the braided wire to the brushes from the solenoid and the solenoid terminals on the Arco are not copper or brass, not sure what they are besides "metal". but I've got marine starters with copper used in those same places. (might be tinned copper)

I really would like for somebody to show me any other "ignition protection" differences but I've had enough auto and marine PMGR's apart and seen no other differences

I've also had new "marine starters" that didn't have that hole plugged with anything which made it just like an auto starter.

They got returned

I took a plug from a dead marine starter and put it into an automotive one.

Does that make it a "marine starter"?

A GM marine PMGR type starter is a different story

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2019 at 1:11am
The red AN fittings on my highly questionable fuel line fill the same role as the red plastic piece in KENO's starter.

Hmmmm.....RED.....there's a pattern here.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic