NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

reverse rotation distributor 454?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reverse rotation distributor 454?
    Posted: November-26-2019 at 7:34pm
what aftermarket distributor are you guys using for 454 that seems to work were outside of a stock replacement , what kinda gear does it need?
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2019 at 9:47pm
How about one of what's in the link.

It says for standard rotation only but they're talking distributor rotation not engine rotation

The distributor in let's say your reverse rotation BFN turns in the standard Chevy clockwise direction and it uses the same gear as a normal rotation Chevy. cause they did reverse rotation engine cams different than Ford did. The cam turns the same direction for normal and reverse rotation.

it makes for a long, convoluted, often misunderstood story

You could buy a reverse rotating Chevy distributor from them, but you couldn't make it fit with a sledge hammer   

I can't remember who got the wrong one and had to return it, well actually I can but maybe he'll come along and tell you about getting the wrong one

link
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2019 at 10:21pm
Keno is correct. The PCM 454 reverse rotation engines take a standard rotation distributor.

I went with a marine DUI from Performance Distributors. Great service and amazing turn around time if you happen to find you need to return the reverse rotation unit for the standard rotation!

Wiring is super simple. I used almost all of the pro-tec harness to make the install neat.
I have 454 pro-tec wiring specs if you are swapping out a pro-tec. I've tried to upload several times to the site. They should be around somewhere.
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2019 at 2:47am
some guy in CA bought the pro technology like a year ago on ebay for 150 plus freight LOL i almost spit my dinner out when it sold.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2019 at 2:49am
Its already got PCM kit ,but this is for something even better than that....!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-27-2019 at 7:31am
Oh Boy, this must be a Rosco mystery thread...!   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic