NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unleaded gas

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2019 at 3:16pm
Tryathlete,   a follow up, the Mag Phosphate was never used on Valve Seats, it was used in Valve guides, the first application I remember for that product in automotive use.

You and your three brothers actions sounds exactly like my house with two older and one younger brother. We did not have the street lights but it was common for our friends to light up the tires leaving my mothers house.   It made our neighbors mad and my Mom liked all the boys but was fed up with the tire burning.
A buddy Gene bought a 69 Chevelle SS396, 4 speed, 4.11 Posi, this was about 1972 the car was beautiful.   He was at the house and my Mom knew Gene was going to lite em up on his exit so she walked outside and said, Gene, if you burn those tires in front of my house you can't come back! Gene smiled and swore he would not spin the tires in front of your house.   Then he eased away in first gear, once in front of our neighbors house Gene shifted to 2nd gear and lit the tires up for about 100 feet in second, even my mom laughed because there were no tire marks in front of our home.
With 4 boys it seemed we always had one car being fixed on the driveway.   
Your choice of a 340, 1970 engine was a good one, that 340 was probably the most powerful small block engine produced back then because of the X heads it used.
Those were very quick cars and the engine was durable.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2019 at 4:27pm
Thank you Mr. McD for bringing memories back to life. My favorite burnout was a friend Gary who had a 76 Camaro in which he installed a 427. I can still smell the rubber. My mother gave up long before yours did. She used to go to the strip with me. I miss her very much this Christmas. Thank you for the memories.
jterr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jterr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2020 at 12:27pm
So after reading most of above post, I will fun non-ethanol unless can't find then med grade .
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-30-2020 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

A buddy Gene bought a 69 Chevelle SS396, 4 speed, 4.11 Posi,
With 4 boys it seemed we always had one car being fixed on the driveway.   
Your choice of a 340, 1970 engine was a good one, that 340 was probably the most powerful small block engine produced back then because of the X heads it used.
Those were very quick cars and the engine was durable.

Made me smile. There were 4 boys at my house and we were all in high school in the mid 70's. Muscle cars were our daily drivers. I had a Plymouth Duster with the "Twister" package. 340 V8 with a 4-speed manual. No posi diff, so burn-outs were easy. We went through a lot of tires. One fun trick was to buy a can of cheap re-refined oil. It was under $1 and made for great smoke. We would pour a puddle in front of each rear tire, grab 2nd gear, tach up the Mopar and slip the left foot off the clutch. Smoke and stripes.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic