Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust flaps

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Ryjamsan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryjamsan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust flaps
    Posted: January-11-2020 at 12:18am
Hello
New here so be gentle
I am a virgin to CC

1 my newly acquired 1975 CCSN does not appear to have or ever had exhaust flaps
the exhaust comes thru the hull are 3inch. I found them online but I have no idea if they are needed for this model

2 The "transmission" simply seems to be a hydraulic pump run off a pump from the front of the engine?

3 I have no numbers anywhere on this engine(paint is in bad shape) that I can

4 The Hull ID plate next to the throttle/shifter is so faded I cant make anything out(I do have the hull id from the registration card)

5 I assume from what research ive done(this site has been a great aid) that the engine is a 302 ford(1975)

6 Because this is a modest effort to restore, at least to working/running order I am putting an adapter plater and 2bbl carb on it till it runs. Will this be an issue(speed is not a concern)

7 Ford HEI distributer has been bought(blue one with cap coil rotor wires) due to the boat sitting up and the original dist being completely trashed. Will this be an issue

PS I see these boats didn't have the plateform,can one be added? will it compromise the hull?

PSS why no speedo? Can I add one to the rear without leaks?

Any help would be appriciated

67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2020 at 7:02am
Hi. Welcome and congrats on new boat
You’ve come to right place. Folks here give great professional advice
I’m relatively new too so will let vets chime in
Your carb set up needs to be marine type rated, they vent and seal different and with spark arrest top
Distributor also marine rated, special vent reduce spark and explosions under cap
Tranny in front,?? Might be cooler or pump??
Alternator marine has fine screens to prevent spark
Fuel and fumes under sealed hatches hoods and hulls explode more easy than open air car
So no sparks or fumes in boats

They love pictures here. More pics more advise
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2020 at 9:34am
James,
Welcome to CCfan. Yes, as Daryn mentioned, pictures are always welcomed plus they would give us a better idea of the boat you have and it's condition.

Besides what Daryn mentioned, exhaust flaps weren't used until I'd say 76-77 so no need to worry.

Swim platforms weren't factory until 78.

Before anything, I'd suggest checking the condition of the hull stringers for rot.

Get those pictures up!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic