Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

95 SN 196 Leak at Low Pressure Fuel Pump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
craigmeade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigmeade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 95 SN 196 Leak at Low Pressure Fuel Pump
    Posted: February-23-2020 at 7:50pm
I have gas leaking from the L joint on the engine side of the low pressure fuel pump. There does not seem to be any easy way to tighten it as the particular angle of the joint seems fixed to feed the high pressure pump and every thing is held in place with brackets. I am just wondering if there is an easy fix or if I have to take it all out and start over.

Thanks in advance for you help!
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2020 at 2:50pm
Your low pressure pump is held in place by the 3 top nuts. Take those off and you can lower the pump. Remove the outlet hose, blue fitting and you should be able to remove the 90* fitting if that is where your leak is. Clean the threads and reinstall. I believe those are pipe threads on that fitting so by tightening the fitting more it should seal up.
If you go too tight you might crack the housing since this is a tapered fit fitting it applies pressure to the housing as you tighten.
Teflon tape is known to plug up fuel systems so I would not use it on these threads.
Maybe someone knows a good thread sealer that seals well with gasoline.
craigmeade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craigmeade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2020 at 4:46pm
Thanks!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2020 at 6:39pm
Everybody seems to have their favorites and opinions about what to seal pipe threads with on fuel lines

Here's some reading in the link below. Lots of choices   

Permatex seems to come up a lot. They have a variety of fuel resistant stuff, some with teflon paste in it

link

gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2020 at 11:18pm
This stuff.... and I’ve used it in conjunction with Teflon tape worked fine. Can be bought at better parts stores.
https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=9403&familyName=Permatex+Aviation+Form-A-Gasket+No.+3+Sealant

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic