Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Whistle

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whistle
    Posted: September-24-2006 at 1:09pm
Anyone ever had this or might know what it could be. On my 86sn I am hearing a whistle sound comming from around the prop or shaft area. It only happens around 1000 and then again around 3000. The whisle started when I put the new 540 prop on. {great prop} My strut bushin has a little movment in it could that be causing this, or is that just how this prop does. Never heard that with the older thicker prop. Also That new 540 prop came with looks like some grinder marks on the backside of 2 of the blades, not shure if it should have this or not. But im thinking this may have been done for balance purpose. Anyone else have these marks on the backside of their new 540 or experience that whistle?        Thanks Randy
RootRacing
GrandSlam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandSlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2006 at 9:31am

Randy, I have had that a few times after having my props reconditioned; we call it a “singing wheel”.   Now I am talking 25x25 props on the Jersey, it definitely has to be corrected if you are fishing, but it really doesn’t hurt anything from a performance standpoint, give you’re prop shop a call, it is usually just requires some minor filing of the edge. Jerry
Jerry Troy

USCG Master, 100GT

1989 23' Fish Nautique

1992 47' Jersey SF
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2006 at 6:29pm
Thanks for the reply GrandSlam. I made a phonecall and spoke with a tech. and he said there were a few more calls about this same thing. They dont know what it could be. Im not shure I will file the prop. since no one has figured this one out yet, im gona try a few things and see if that fixes it. Their may not be a fix, That might just be the way it is. I'll keep u posted on the outcome
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2006 at 6:57pm
correction, I meant to say im not gona file on that new prop. And the Tech did say that those grind marks on the back side of the blades were put there when the prop was balanced.
RootRacing
Root View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Root Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2006 at 9:45pm
Well I have tryed a few thing and still no change. I might just have a bad prop. When I a put the OJ prop on the hi pitch sound is gone. I am gona send the prop back and get another one. maby thats the prob. I was told a few more calls were sent in about the same problem. I thought is was just me, but im still trying a few more thing to figure it out. maby its just the prop.. I'll keep U posted.   Any input will help.
RootRacing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic