Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BFN Exhaust

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
clarkgriswald3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clarkgriswald3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BFN Exhaust
    Posted: March-20-2020 at 6:44pm
I am the proud owner of a 91 Barefoot Nautique , VDrive, with stock exhaust, my question is has anyone deleted the muffler and if so what are my best options, the stock exhaust is to quite for my taste.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2020 at 7:58pm
Somebody has done it

If you click on the link below, you'll see a picture or 2 in the last post.

It looks like they used stainless steel(maybe) and rubber hose and in one picture put an extra exhaust port in the transom.

You can probably ignore the bickering about sitting in the back seat    

link
Footer 1952 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footer 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 4:26pm
My 86 has had unmuffled straight pipes (stainless I assume) since the day I bought it in 2004. Gnarly sound man! My Buds who live away from the lake tell me they can hear me start it up every ski day at 7:30 AM. from their bedrooms.

Heads turn when we go screamin by!

Which brings me to a question. Where lies the danger to it with an unmuffled engine?? As long as I operate it in its operating RPM range right????

John
Lets go footin'
'86 Barefoot Nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 4:33pm
Why do you think there's danger with an unmuffled engine?

How's the EFI project?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footer 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 6:18pm
Ken, Still in evaluation stage. Adult son wants it!!

As Life happens I got water in my oil and am on a rebuild now. Need a new cam too so am trying to decide on the best cam for low end torque and HP.

Also have a hull repair between rudder and drive strut being done at a qualified marina as a result of hitting a submerged (stump presumably) object in 2005. I've glassed it several times (but not gelcoated) and the water leak in is very slow. My autobilge never comes on in a day of skiing. (barefoot wetsuit water intake to boot). Figured since I'm now footin the Buckethead Barefoot endurance race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRuLF0QTXb8&t=18s

We're now doing Power turns back to our skier to cut down skier exchange times. B$ buckethed we always cut the throttle and idled back to the skier to eliminate rollers for him to cross on the next run..Didn't care about the mild leak around rudder and drive strut. Didnt worry about power turns to the hull because we never did them.

Want that part of the hull to be perfect structurally as I am told that with water leaking through there for 15 years will cause structural integity issues.

Since my son is an E.E. I know he can help me with any tweaking of EFI electronics.

Likely will get EFI.

Covid 19 will give me some time to "Do It Right"!! and Safely!!

John
Lets go footin'
'86 Barefoot Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Footer 1952 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2020 at 6:20pm
Glad there is no issue with an unmuffled engine.

Nascar and the race world I guess know it!
Lets go footin'
'86 Barefoot Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic