Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help! Fuel Lines and Rear Seat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NautiqueHack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueHack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help! Fuel Lines and Rear Seat
    Posted: March-23-2020 at 1:19pm
Sorry for the noob question here. I have a 2002 Pro Air Nautique that I've pulled the engine/transmission for overhaul and restoration.

I'm trying to change out the fuel lines, along with all the rubber, and I cannot seem to get the rear seat carpeted platform out AND get the seat back out. What am I missing?!?

Under the seat back on top of the carpeted seat platform, there are two spring loaded pins that seem to be holding the platform in. I've been able to pull these up but no progress of the seat coming forward.

Any help is much appreciated!

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 1:36pm
On my 206 There are just the 2 pins that push thru the carpet down into an aluminum bracket over the stringers, push pins are at the rear, almost under the rear seat-back vinyl.
If you in fact pulled both pins just wiggle that seat base back and forth a bit, may have never been out so is just glued in place with gunk
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 3:16pm
On the '99 Pro Air I have in my garage there are the two pins you both mention also there is a rubber hook/clamp on each front side. Also, you should be able to pull up on the rear cushion and it should lift out pretty easily.
James T Brockma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2020 at 11:05pm
To remove the rear seat back on my 2006 216 you must access and remove several bolts with large black plastic in knobs though the rear storage compartment. Open the rear compartment and remove the carpeted trim panels. You will then see the bolts/knobs spaced across the top portion on the rear seat back. You will also likely have to reach your hand around and under the gunwale to access the bolts securing the curved side portion of the seat back. After removing the seat back you will be able to easily pull the pins holding the bottom seat base in place.
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176
NautiqueHack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueHack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 1:41pm
Thanks everyone. I was able to pull the pins enough to get the seat platform out. Unfortunately, I'm still unable to remove the seat back. I climbed inside the rear storage and did not see any plastic knobs. I will try again in a day or so, my boat is at another location currently.
James T Brockma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2020 at 7:27pm
Your boat may be more similar to the older design. On my 1998 176 there was one lock nut that retained each of short curved side portions of the seat back to the side of the boat. The nut had to be removed first (the bolt was fixed to the seat) then the side portion of the seat had to flexed toward to center of the boat to pull the bolt though the hole. Once that was done the seat back lifted straight up and off of the mounting brackets that were located along the main portion of the seat back. I hope this helps.
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176
winniskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2020 at 12:20am
On my 1997 Ski Nautique, the rear seat back hangs on two U brackets, The U brackets go into a slot in the (plastic or fiberglass?) structure of the seat back. The lower edge of the slot gets caught in behind the U bracket (aft side) against the inside of the mount,. This means I cant't lift it up off the U bracket. I slip a putty knife (rather than a screw driver which would damage things) in between, moving the seat back toward the bow and liberating the lower edge of the slot and therefore the seat back. It works for me. I hope it works for you..
Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic