Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help from da Pros again please

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tico8787 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tico8787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help from da Pros again please
    Posted: March-29-2020 at 8:34pm
1979 fish Nautique . Just installed gen 5 454 mercruiser. Had the gen 4 prior . Have raw water set up.
I have an Eldebrock 1410 marine.I needed an electric fuel pump for the gen-5 so I went to O'Reilly's and bought a $60 pump which has two wires. Runs but I am not comfortable with it. Wired to the ignition with a fuse .. should I be using a diff pump ?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2020 at 10:07pm
I'd probably get one of the kits in the link below as the simplest safest way to go.

It's a marine rated pump and has the low oil pressure shutoff switch too so that if the engine stops with the key still in the RUN position, the fuel pump turns off automatically on low engine oil pressure.

That feature comes in especially handy in a situation like an engine fire from a fuel leak.

Hopefully it's got instructions to go with it

link

Did your flywheel issue get resolved with a ring gear relocation?

tico8787 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tico8787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2020 at 10:33pm
Flywheel handled thank you . I see link perfect . Oriellys has a Holley 712-801-1 1 in stock . Red with vent tube . Any thoughts
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2020 at 12:28am
Pretty sure this was Kens thoughts. Here's mine- "Not compatible with alcohol or methanol fuels" is stated in Holley's spec sheet. Plus the fact Ken's pump has a electric fuel shut off.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2020 at 8:41am
I'm not sure but I think the Holley works with today's gasoline mixtures but isn't compatible with race applications that use 100 percent alcohol or methanol.

But like Gary said, the kit in the link has the pressure switch included.

You could buy the Holley pump and the Holley pressure switch and wire things per the Holley instructions in the link below

They show how to wire it with a relay in conjunction with the pressure switch.

The relay helps to provide the highest voltage to the pump. Some people use it, some don't. The Center State kit doesn't but if you were so inclined and familiar with Bosch type relays you could add one pretty easily.

The Holley relay kit 12-753 seems to be the most overpriced relay kit known to mankind compared to everybody else's relay kits.

link

In the end, I think the Center State kit works and keeps the complication down when installing
tico8787 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tico8787 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2020 at 8:52am
I'll go with your 1st recommendation ...thanks guys
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic