Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

196 , 1997 Stern Seat Base

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Marks196 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marks196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 196 , 1997 Stern Seat Base
    Posted: April-01-2020 at 1:09pm
Hi
I have recently purchased a 1997 , 196 that never had a stern/rear seat .
If anyone has a boat with one fitted could you please post a couple of photos of the base please.
Im hoping to make a base myself and have the seat back and cushions made .
Any help on this would be fantastic.
Marks196
Mark Smith
70CC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70CC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2020 at 8:40pm
Here are some pics of the rear seat in my 97:

-Phil
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2020 at 1:57am
Hi,
I don't have any pictures as my boat's in storage for the winter. Min doesn't look like the 97. It's a fiberglass base with the foam and upholstery attached to the base. In looking at the pictures of the 97, I'd much rather have that set up. I really like the idea of being able to remove the center cushion for stepping in from the swim platform.

I wonder if the seat base from a 196 will fit?

Don
Marks196 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marks196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 2:53pm
That’s brilliant
Thanks very much .👍👍
Mark Smith
AlfaDon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlfaDon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 3:01pm
I realize in looking at some other pictures, the later 176 or Air Tique had a move-able seat that turned into a sun platform. There are small shelves on the side of the seat back where you can rest the now raised seat bottom. I haven't seen one of these in person.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by AlfaDon AlfaDon wrote:

Hi,
I wonder if the seat base from a 196 will fit?

I am guessing not. 176 beam = 88"    SN beam = 91"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2020 at 3:57pm
Highly doubtful... different shaped boats despite the similar (max) width. If Cc was able to use a parts bin rear seat back then I bet they would have... but it’s not the same base afaik.

The bases for the higher mounting of the bottom as a sun pad were pretty firmly attached to the deck if they weren’t full molded in. I am not sure if that was a later addition or just an option. Thought my early 176 had it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic