NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Perfect Pass is beeping

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perfect Pass is beeping
    Posted: May-23-2020 at 4:58pm
My 3-line Perfect Pass display blinks and beeps, in concert, when key turned on. For as long as I have power on. Does not go into self-test...just keeps beeping. Anyone know what this is about?

Thanks.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2020 at 5:11pm
Low voltage?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2020 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Low voltage?

Hmmm, it didn’t occur to put that new batt on a charger...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2020 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Low voltage?

Hmmm, it didn’t occur to put that new batt on a charger...

Batt voltage good. Troubleshooting has discovered that if I disconnect the two-wire cannon plug the beeping stops and I get a normal display.

Also discovered likely a bad horn, as pressing the horn button sends power to the relay as I hear it click with a draw on voltage blanking out PP. This is on batt power with a charger going.

Ideas?

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 2:40pm
Those things are telling me you probably have low voltage going to the dash. You said the battery voltage is good, but the voltage might not be staying good by the time you get to the dash.

What's the two wire "cannon Plug?" Does that go to one of those course magnet pickup things?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Those things are telling me you probably have low voltage going to the dash. You said the battery voltage is good, but the voltage might not be staying good by the time you get to the dash.

What's the two wire "cannon Plug?" Does that go to one of those course magnet pickup things?

You know Brian, you could be on to something. Given the boat has a flush-port set up, I ran the boat yesterday in driveway....

PP seemed fine, and would not beep with the two-wire plug connected. See attached pictures.

Additionally, with the boat running, the horn would work, and immediately blank out the PP display, and this other voltage gauge this boat has.

Maybe a loose connection under the dash pod someplace?

Maybe we're getting closer. Definitely need it sorted out before we drop it in the water...

Thanks,

Mark

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2020 at 6:59pm
Ok, more trouble shooting. I found the Neg. terminal loose on the batt. And I'm not totally convinced I have a full charge on the Bat. So, it'll charge all night and we'll see what we get manyana.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-26-2020 at 1:05pm
Yup, less than solid connection anywhere along the chain will cause voltage drop.

Things acting more normal with the engine running is common, because the alternator puts out 13.5 volts or so.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2020 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Yup, less than solid connection anywhere along the chain will cause voltage drop.

Things acting more normal with the engine running is common, because the alternator puts out 13.5 volts or so.

OKEY DOKEY, I think we've got this figured out:

#1. The battery was not fully charged. Put it on the charger/monitor and it went a good 3 hours or so in charge-mode before switching to monitor. So, battery good to go...

#2. When I initially inspected the battery box, the existing main batt terminal connectors were pretty nasty, so I swapped them out. The existing cables had likely been in those connectors for a long time, and the cable ends, having been compressed for a long time, didn't fit tight enough in the new connectors, until I turned the "V" clamp upside down to compress the cable better. The permanent fix for that will be to cut the cable back to an unused section and get a different connector. A good rainy-day project. But my temp fix should be fine, as they are plenty snug.

Powering up with just the key causes the PP to self-test, knob tightens up, etc.. however I still get that beeping with the two wire plug connected. I'm assuming it's a bad magnet pickup that was previously mentioned? All seems fine on the PP with that connector disconnected, and I'm able to go through the menus and such, and deleted all those knucklehead Wakeboard users! :-)

A rotted rubber battery strap tie-down loop gave way tightening the strap. Are these available in SS?

Lastly, while crawling around in the bow, I discovered the FM antenna! Who knew!;-)

And also a blank end of a 1/2 inch hose. Will post a pic. No idea where the other end is, yet.

Thanks for the help gang.

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic