NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carpet glue / pad on sides of boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
slmskrs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slmskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carpet glue / pad on sides of boat
    Posted: June-17-2020 at 1:48am
I'm replacing the carpet in my '97 SN. I originally was only going to replace the floor, but when I got it, the carpet on the sides looked too old. I pulled it off to clean it up, and found that there is some sort of 'pad glued to part of the fiberglass, and I have glue and carpet remains on both the fiberglass and the 'pad'. I've attached a picture. It was taken from the port side near the observer seat, aimed at the fiberglass side below the steering wheel (driver seat removed). I don't know if that 'pad' is easily removable or not, but if it is supposed to be there for adhesion, I don't know why it doesn't run all the way on the sides.

Any suggestions? I'm more than happy to leave it on and glue over it just like the original, but I obviously can't sand the pad. So trying to figure out how to clean it (acetone?).

Thanks,
Gordon '97 Ski Nautique, GT40
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2020 at 7:29am
Gordon,
The pad is a vibration absorber for hull harmonics.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
slmskrs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slmskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2020 at 12:48pm
Thanks. That makes sense. Now I just have to figure out how to clean it so I can put the new carpet on.
Gordon '97 Ski Nautique, GT40
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic