Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rub Rail for 93 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rub Rail for 93 Ski Nautique
    Posted: June-23-2020 at 2:32pm
Has anyone replaced their rub rail on an 87-05 boat? One of the preferred vendors has a kit but it is very expensive, and I think I found it at another place. The preferred vendor refers to it as a 1-1/4" rub rail.

I assume it is made by Taco. Does anyone know which product number is the correct one? The dimensions I measured don't seem to perfectly correspond to any of them, but if they measured from different spots the 1-1/4" would.

Taco Marine
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2020 at 9:46pm
I cant remember the dimensions of my 2000 Sport but its not the same as the Nautique Parts kit mine is taller & thicker i believe.
I did find it on the Taco site but couldn't find a vendor that had it.
I'll measure mine again tomorrow.
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2020 at 10:59am
Thank you. For comparison, this is what the cross section and dimensions of mine are.

GHTILL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GHTILL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2020 at 10:57pm
I used the kit from Nautique Parts. Worked well but yet it was very expensive. Well worth the money. I searched all the other suppliers and they didn't come close to the original rub rails. Make sure if you do use them for your kit to use our discount PND code on checkout.
TWSS
GHTILL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GHTILL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2020 at 12:07am
Tried to upload a video of the installation to no avail. Not tech savy i guess. Make sure you seal the old screw holes from the original rub rail, mark the location of the screws that hold the top deck to the bottom deck, and make sure you do the install in the heat of the day so the new rub rail is soft enough to install. The project is very rewarding if your old rub rail looked as tired as mine did.
TWSS
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2020 at 11:14am
Thank you, Gregg. Your boat is very nice looking. I watched an installation video yesterday that included the advice you give.

Mine would not be that bad, except it is terrible where the rub rail meets the bow stops on the trailer.
Nauti Gator View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti Gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2020 at 11:56pm
Originally posted by dip dip wrote:

Thank you, Gregg. Your boat is very nice looking. I watched an installation video yesterday that included the advice you give.

Mine would not be that bad, except it is terrible where the rub rail meets the bow stops on the trailer.

- If you need the rub rail insert I have one - Its new in the box from Nautique Parts, black colored. I ended up cleaning up my old turquoise colored original one and reused it.

dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 2:01pm
Hey Mike. Thanks. Its the main rubber one on mine that is in need of help. You don't happen to have an off-cut of the one bought, do you? That would be really helpful.
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 2:33pm
Mike,

How much do you want for the black rub rail insert? I'm assuming it's 5/8" diameter.

Thanks,
Kevin
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti Gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 3:14pm
Sorry - I didn't remove the actual rub rail - I only have the round insert
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti Gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Kevin's '79 Kevin's '79 wrote:

Mike,

How much do you want for the black rub rail insert? I'm assuming it's 5/8" diameter.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin,
I'll get the length, diameter etc. - Its at the lake and I will be there later this afternoon
Thanks,
Mike
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2020 at 3:43pm
Ok thanks
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nauti Gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2020 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Kevin's '79 Kevin's '79 wrote:

Ok thanks

Sent you a PM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic