Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gas tank on later model Fish Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gas tank on later model Fish Nautique
    Posted: October-03-2006 at 9:33pm
Where is it? Mine is in the stern, but looking at pictures of the newer Fish's there is no tank there and there is a bit more cockpit space. I'm just curious because when it comes time to get a new tank in my boat I'd probably try and retrofit one where ever they put em in the newer ones.

Thanks,
Ryan
GrandSlam View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrandSlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2006 at 11:21am
Dear Ryan, I have a ’89 ‘Fish’ and the fuel tank is below the deck aft of the Vernary muffler and forward of the rudder post. The fibergla$$ deck is removable (screwed down) to give total access to the tank should you need it. The fuel shut off valve, fuel line and sender unit can be access through a small opening deck hatch. I have no digital camera and even if I did I probably wouldn’t know how to post a pic anyway. When CC went to the Vernary muffler it only required a single exhaust running to the transom, thus making space for the fuel tank below the deck. Also I believe the capacity of the tank was also increased to 85 gallons. My friend has a ’79 ‘Fish’ and I will take a look at his to see if there is space below his deck for a fuel tank. Good luck with your ‘Fish’. Jerry
Jerry Troy

USCG Master, 100GT

1989 23' Fish Nautique

1992 47' Jersey SF
redneck7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2006 at 11:59am
Thanks for the reply. I still am having a bit of a hard time picturing 85 gallons worth in a single tank down there, but I could just have a bad mental image of below decks on my boat...or perhaps the setup is greatly different from my boat to yours.

-Ryan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic