NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fall is here?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fall is here?
    Posted: October-06-2006 at 1:31pm
today was the day i realized fall was here, first boat winterization usually kicks it off for me, then the doom and gloom sets in.

when do any of you realize fall is here?
"the things you own will start to own you"
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 1:51pm
When you get put out the water and can no longer determine gender it's time to put the boat away.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

When you get put out the water and can no longer determine gender it's time to put the boat away.

And here I thought that was an old age thing... hmmm
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 2:23pm
The color in the leaves and the chilly, chilly water give it away..
Trying to sneak an extra week out of this season. This is the time of year I ponder a heater and hot water shower installation.
Hope you all get a couple more days on your boats
-Brad
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 2:33pm
When we can finally get some gla$$ to ski on and docks start dissappearing on the shoreline.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 3:50pm
My yard is already full of leaves and my lake has been low enough that I am scared to put my boat in for a month now. I guess I should go ahead and winterize.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 6:17pm
Fall is here when I wear pants over my speedo,

and when the leaves are being blown more then .......

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 11:37pm
On a cool day, Fall smells different. And of course the leaves start to change color. My second favorite season.
Scott
BlondieGurl1443 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGurl1443 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2006 at 3:06am
fall means its time to put the lawnmower away for three months (bummer)
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2006 at 3:19am
When my nuts fall off.......my palm tree that is....the only fall we have in FL is when I drink to much..
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2006 at 11:20pm
Only sign of fall here is football. 81, do women know about shrinkage?
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2006 at 11:39pm
I'm with MaddMarxx..."when my nuts fall of"...and I don't have a palm tree!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2006 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Fall is here when I wear pants over my speedo,

and when the leaves are being blown more then .......

Hahaha!! Well said Quinner, you're so eloquent!

For me fall is here & it's time to pull the boat out when you can't stand/health risk to be in the water for more then 2 mins at a time, without a wetsuit. ie: my last friday, water temp 50 degrees!

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 12:19am
Hockey season starts and I order oil for the furnace in the garage...
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 4:35pm
When one ice bag on Friday lasts all weekend.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 9:29pm
quinner; I almost had to break my promise to J_I_H about no more speedo jokes.

Fall...boats put away....cold water...none of that here. MM, Blondie, tonydjd, and all the rest of you lucky FLA residents, we gotta keep thes poor guys supplied with pics of how we spend our winters.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 10:36pm
Jbear, you don't have to rub it in. However with global warming I'm counting on the Midwest becoming the new Florida.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 2:43am
[QUOTE=jbear]

Fall...boats put away....cold water...none of that here. MM, Blondie, tonydjd, and all the rest of you lucky FLA residents, we gotta keep thes poor guys supplied with pics of how we spend our winters.(QUOTE)

Ya know what Paris Hilton would say about FL if she could find it on a map.............THATS HOTT....and it is all winter long...Jbear- I would love to keep the boys in pics up to their parkas,but Blondie lost the camera.I will let her tell you guys about that,its almost like a dumm blond joke..Im looking into a new one now, I may go with a waterproof camera.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:49am
Well apparently WINTER is here, low tonight of 28 with a "hard freeze". Snow in the forecast for tomorrow.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:00am
I am trying to decide if I am going to try and hold out through the weekend and its chances of light snow or pull it now and start the build/rebuild season a week or two early.
I agree with Hollywood on the Ice comments and will add that not only has my ice consumption gone down but the beer consumption has as well in the summer its two 30 packs a day at the camp, now that we are down to the a smaller more hard core crew its more like 2-30s a week.

MM I got a water proof digital camera about this time last year it was definitely the way to go if your gonna be hanging at the sandbar, only problem is when your goofy friends decide it will be cool to take pictures at the bar with the camera submerged in a pint of beer... and they use your beer....
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic