Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what does it cost?????

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ski nau-geek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski nau-geek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what does it cost?????
    Posted: October-06-2006 at 10:51pm
Hey all, I have an 80 Nautique I purchased earlier this summer.... I plan to have some stuff done to it over the winter....

What (within a range) would/should it cost to have:
1 Seats and engine cover reupholstered
2 Floor recarpeted
3 outside repainted (or at least the ski nautique graphics repainted a different color)

???????
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 10:56pm
If you can remove and replace the skins yourself you can get new skins from Midwest Correct Craft for about $850 for a standard interior.

Carpeting you can probably find for less than $200.

No guess on the paint, there's a lot of prep work involved and if you can do most of that yourself you'll save a ton of money. Shooting it with color is the easy part.

When you get ready to paint shoot me an email and I'll send you the files so you can get stencils cut for your 80. Check out my signature, we did that one this past winter.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2006 at 11:14pm
Ron; Welcome. The '80s are my favorite boats.

Last time I had all the seats and carpet redone on a boat it cost me about $3k to have a shop do it.

You wanna check out a nice job and something to shoot for, look at Majicmans. You'll be impressed.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRebhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRebhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2006 at 11:31am
Hey Alan,

I'm redoing the gel coat on my '83 2001 this winter and my graphics are painted on. Where did you have your stencils made and do you have the files for the '83 graphics.

Todd
VT. Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2006 at 12:01pm
Todd, I only have 80-81 graphics but you can make your own using tracing paper, then scan into a PC, redraw in Coreldraw or Illustrator, save in an eps format and any vinyl guy can cut you stencils or vinyl graphics if you go that way.

If everyone that repaints one of these old boats does that and sent a copy to keith we'd eventually have a stencil for just about any CC made. Might take a while but that would be a great resource.

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2006 at 12:18pm
Hey Ski nau geek,

I like your handle, but your tag line leaves all kinds of questions for me.
Good luck on the boat, and post pictures when you can. That way when we look at them our wives get to ask, "You're not going to buy another one are you?"

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic