NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ding in hull

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2006 at 9:08pm

Yup, size is the problem, get yourself a photo editing program and drop the actual size or the resolution of the image and they will work

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2006 at 11:48pm
81- Damn! I thought it was < 35k! (too small any way)
photobucket.com worked pretty good, if you can get by all the ad's.

Justin (in blue) was a little scared going fast at first, Joey (in red) No fear at all!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2006 at 11:57pm
Dan- Good to know I have a CC dealer within 20 miles of me. Let me know when the showroom and Pro-shop are complete.
you can send me email at: rwise@neo.rr.com
2fat2ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2fat2ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2006 at 8:58am
Thanks for the welcome, 81Nautique!

Randy, I put your name on our mailer list. You'll be getting the emails from Jason, our Sales Mgr. He's a great guy and loves boating as much as the rest of us. I hope we can help you out in the future, as well as anyone else on this site. We're restricted by territories for new boat sales, but everything else is an open market. We even have a new web site going up soon just for boats. In the mean time, all of our inventory is listed on Vandevere.com. Dan
Certified Correct Craft and PCM technician
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 3:16pm
The marina that said they could get me the custom matched gelcoat repair paste called me today and said they couild not get it, they sasid all they could get was full gallons of gelcoat for $80. I did some poking around on these forums and found a place Spectrum.com thanks to a previous post from Nautique2001 that has Silver Cloud for 1993-2000. This is the white color I need according to Darrels' previous post. I am going to order some. funny thing, I bet this is the same place the Marina had contacted, they said it was in Washington state and so is Spectrum. Hummm...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:15pm
Randy...you are just fixing some small chips in the gelcoat right? I believe David F mentioned the paste kits that you mix pigment...about $25.00. You can get pretty close.
Also...go to the Mini Craft of Fla web site(great products!)...click the tab for gelcoat repair kits. The kit is about $80.00 (shelf life 3-4 months)...it is a bit expensive but you get a pint and will have way more than enough to fix all spots! They do have hull colors for Correct Craft, however, because gel fades it won't match....Soooo you use the color wheel they sell and I bet you will find one that is very close!
If you want...I can send you the color wheel...check it out and send it back to me.
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:22pm
Forgot to mention...if you do go the route of paste...let me know! I had a discussion with the Magic Man Alan a few weeks ago...we discovered a good way to match to curve in the hull...great for your spot or chines!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:38pm
yep, just a couple chips. I already ordered the gelcoat repair paste from Spectrum. I'm hoping after buff it out the color will match pretty close. I really don't trust my color matching capability, and I've heard that whites can be hard to match. I am going to check out the Mini Craft site anyway.
Thanks for offering me the use of the wheel, I really appreciate it. If anything goes wrong with my order, I may still take you up on the offer.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 11:47pm
Hey Randy,

Just curious about the laws in Ohio. Here in California, kids under 12 must wear a lifejacket in a boat. I personally agree with the law. One of the few I do agree with. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 12:23am
BKH- Your right. That is a very good law. I intend for them to wear life jackets on the boat in the future... The only life jackets I had last Sunday were the ones that came with the boat when I bought it (all way too big for them). I need to buy new Life jackets for everyone and some extras, the ones I have are in bad shape...

I did look up the law in Ohio:

"No person shall operate or permit to be operated any vessel under 18 feet long with a child less than 10 years of age on board unless the child is wearing a PFD."

The PFD must be:

* U.S. Coast Guard approved Type I, II, or III;
    * in good and serviceable condition;
    * of appropriate size;
    * securely attached.

Since my boat is 21 feet long I didn't break any laws...
But like I said before I plan on making them wear them from now on, even though they are both excelent swimmers, you just can't be too safe. things can happen so quickly...

tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2006 at 3:21pm
Randy, Great pics of the boys. Like I told you in the e-mail, you've got A L O T of fun coming your way. Those boys will be wearing you out with "just one more pull, dad" before you know it! Joe
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2006 at 2:18pm
Joe-
Thanks again for the pics, my kids are so excited to start. We can't wait until next summer!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic